• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is there a way to prevent people from posting a blank response

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've seen this a few times since the new software came online. Someone quotes a previous post, but doesn't type anything in response to the post. It's essentially a blank post that clutters up the thread.

Is there a setting in the software that would prevent something like this from happening?

I've attached a screen shot.

Attachments

• eb.jpg
    eb.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
Yeah, this is an oddity I've seen on other forums using the same or similar format. For some reason if another post is quoted it does not require a message be typed in response. So I think sometimes people accidentally hit Post Reply before typing, thinking another screen will pop up in which to type their response.

I've also seen where people accidentally type their response within the quoted box. In those cases you hit the 'Expand' button and it will become apparent. But that is not the case in your specific example.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Is there a setting in the software that would prevent something like this from happening?
I wonder if they realize they can edit their post and add their comment afterward. What’s also cool now is being able to select specific text in someone’s post at which time a reply bubble pops up and let’s you quote just that text. Easier than copy and paste but I suspect a lot haven’t picked up on that yet.

Scott

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I just tried posting a blank post and it wont work. Link to that post? Its probably a media link not embedding properly

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I've seen this a few times since the new software came online. Someone quotes a previous post, but doesn't type anything in response to the post. It's essentially a blank post that clutters up the thread.

I've attached a screen shot.