• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Installing original "dealer air" need pics

oldiron

Bronco Guru
I need pics of how to set up the compressor mount, i.e. driver side mount vs. passenger side mount. Where the hoses are routed, reciever/dryer mounting location, etc,etc,etc. Any pics of the interior mounting would also be helpful.
Thanks
Greg

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Here are a couple of my York Drivers side bracket. You'll have to pretend there is a pulley, belt, hoses etc... The dryer was mounted to the drivers fender and there was just a 1 1/2-2 inch hole drilled in the fire wall to get the hoses through. When I eventually redo it all I'm going to get some bulkhead connectors and do the hoses that way. Much cleaner install.

Attachments

• 100_0618.jpg
    100_0618.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_0620_0001.jpg
    100_0620_0001.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0621.jpg
    100_0621.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 51
  • PC290429.jpg
    PC290429.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
oldiron

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Awesome engine!!! I really like the valve covers.
What I've got is a passenger side york style mount bracket. It looks like it's designed to leave the alternator in place. I'd much rather have everything mounted on the drivers side. I don't have p.s. so that won't be a problem. Will I run into clearance issues with any hoses, etc. using a drivers side mount? I've looked in every book I have to get a photo of a passenger side mount arrangement, but keep coming up dry.
Greg

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is on a 351w, but it is or was told to me to be the dealer stock air. The bracket looks to be manufactured vs handmade. Note high quality sealing job by firewall.
P1000457.jpg

P1000458.jpg

P1000459.jpg

P1000461.jpg

OP
OP
oldiron

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Exactly what I needed to see!!! I have the same bracket. I'm gonna try to locate a drivers side mount and use a sanden style compressor.

Thanks for the help!!!!!
Greg

Last edited:

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
My hoses looked just like that where they went through the fire wall, except I had a trick piece of old radiator hose wrapped around them to keep from getting cut up.
My bracket isn't stamped, it's an all welded part but it was a dealer install from what I was told, and it looks to be so. Most of the drivers ones I've seen on old mustangs have the York sitting up on it's end. Don't know if it's the same bracket or not.

Bronconaut

Contributor
I haven't installed yet - but I have the same passenger side bracket and compressor but am missing the pulley on the top. Any part #'s stamped on it, junk yard sources, better pics, etc?