• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ignition Starter Switch Cylinder

EODMike

So, as I was putting switches and pull levers back on my dash today. While messing with the ignition switch trying to put the key cylinder back in a lot of little pins and springs popped out. Assuming that I have found all of the pieces, is there any way to figure out which order, if it matters, that they go back in. I was wanting to keep the original key cylinder, but I have looked up a replacement and it is less than $10. Is it worth even messing with trying to put this back together or is it a loss?

Thanks,
Mike

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
There will be 2 pins and 1 spring for each hole, from there it's kind of trial and error unless you're knowledgeable about key locks. You could always take it to a locksmith, they may not charge much if you have all the parts or even if there's only a couple missing.

OP
OP
EODMike

EODMike

There will be 2 pins and 1 spring for each hole, from there it's kind of trial and error unless you're knowledgeable about key locks. You could always take it to a locksmith, they may not charge much if you have all the parts or even if there's only a couple missing.

Thank you. I thought about taking it to a locksmith because I'd really like to keep the original key and the replacement cylinder keys look horrible.