• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Identity of this junction block

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
While lying on my back under the 77 and trying to track lines…both brake and fuel…I ran across this junction (?) block that appears to be fuel related. There’s a line that travels from this block into the PS of the engine compartment and is attached to nada.
Have I uncovered the “roll over valve” and the lne that connects the an evaporative charcoal canister? I thought this 💩 was going to be easy peasy.

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpeg
    IMG_3067.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 57

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
'77 should have vent/overflow behind passenger seat in the quarter panel just behind the door

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The anti rollover valve is hidden behind that little metal shield just ahead of the junction connection.
Do you have dual tanks? Just follow the lines and you’ll probably see that there’s one to each tank.
That’s just a guess though.

But a 77, and even some late 76 models no longer had that collection tank behind the panel in the passenger department. That was outlawed along with gas tanks behind seats and pick up cabs.
77 was the last year for that, but Ford made a running change in 76, on the Broncos at least, as far as I can remember.
That’s when they changed from the round metal canister on the frame rail, to the later model plastic rectangular canister up on the firewall.
Do you still have the charcoal canister under the hood?

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
The anti rollover valve is hidden behind that little metal shield just ahead of the junction connection.
Do you have dual tanks? Just follow the lines and you’ll probably see that there’s one to each tank.
That’s just a guess though.
Yes, sir, dual tanks. Have found a line that goes from the aux tank across the bed to the R frame to a T fitting at the rollover (?) valve.

But a 77, and even some late 76 models no longer had that collection tank behind the panel in the passenger department. That was outlawed along with gas tanks behind seats and pick up cabs.
77 was the last year for that, but Ford made a running change in 76, on the Broncos at least, as far as I can remember.
Yep, the panels behind BOTH seats are welded up.
That’s when they changed from the round metal canister on the frame rail, to the later model plastic rectangular canister up on the firewall.
Do you still have the charcoal canister under the hood?
Do not have the canister…just the lonesome line that comes free from the rollover (?) valve continuing up the frame into the engine bay.

Randy

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Both tanks vent lines are joined together with that "T" before connecting to the roll-over valve mounted on the outboard side of the frame rail.

Then the line runs up to the Charcoal canister in the engine compartment mounted on the firewall

Attachments

• C-Canister.JPG
    C-Canister.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 19
  • R-side floor pan.JPG
    R-side floor pan.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
So this block circled in yellow is the rollover valve and the line that exits (2nd pic circled in yellow) goes to my charcoal canister…if I had one, that is.

R

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 20