• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN How to upload photos - Become a Contributor

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I didn't get either email.
Sounds like they're getting caught in spam filters then, either by your ISP or email software. Do you get forum notifications, like when you get a new PM or reply to a thread you're active in?

hammer

Bronco Guru
No I never have from this site. I do get them from my local 4x4 forum.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
i just became a contributor...might take a day or two with the paypal.
Yeah, if you use the echeck feature through Paypal it takes a few days to clear. I just set you up manually so you should be ready to go. Thanks!

74creamsickle

Loc.
Perkasie.PA
Hello Jon: Not sure if this is where to ask but I'll start here. I'm getting a "fatal error" on some line when trying to upload new pics. What did I do wrong? thanks Sam

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I just tried and didn't get any errors. Can you give it another shot? It may have been a temporary spike in the server load.

If you get the error again can you copy the exact text of the error so I can track it down?

Thanks!

74creamsickle

Loc.
Perkasie.PA
Jon Thanks for the speedy reply !! Not sure what this means but this is what I get. fatal errer: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14592 bytes) in home/oldford/public_html/photos/image-inc.php on line 84
Thanks again for your help !!
Sam

rhino2104

I signed up. Figured I spend enough time on here and this site has already helped me immensely that I could help it out in some way.

Nightmare Bronc

Can't Load Pic

when i try to load a 195mb pic the upload window says waiting on classicbroncos and then says connection reset try again later? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Nighgtmare,

I'm assuming you mean 195kb instead of mb. If the dimensions (not just file size) are too large it may kick it back, but it should give you an error explaining that it's too large.

Email me the photo you're trying to upload. webmaster@classicbroncos.com

gravelrunner69

Loc.
ZAP
can't believe I did'nt do this along time ago do'nt know if I'll use the upload feature that much but this site is more than worth it I spend an awful lot of my time on this site I'm addicted keep up the good work!!!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
After you contribute through paypal to be able to post pictures? I joined early this morning.

Thanks
I think you did an echeck as your payment source. Paypal holds those for 5 days before releasing the funds, so the upgrade wasn't automatic. I did it manually just now.

Thanks!

72Quarterhorse

Howzit Jon.
Just wanted to give you a heads up that on 03-27-10 I mailed out a money order for contributor status. Will I have to make a post in order for the contributor status to appear next to my profile ? I don't make very many post but this is a very small fee for a awesome feature and site. Thanks! for all you do for us bronco junkies.

kinder

Payment sent, time I pony up for the site's great info and access to the brotherhood.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
just sent payment via pay pal, awesome site
how long does it take to show up
The upgrade should be instant unless it was an echeck, which takes a few days to clear. Send me an email or PM with the email address you used to make payment. I don't see one with your username on it.

Thanks!

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
sent my 12 along with auto renew. as long as my number dont come up...you will get it every year!! some day i will figure out the upload stuff...much less the downsizing of pics.
i remember laughing about typing in school.."its for girls!!!" take a wild guess about computers.