• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to replace ZF with AOD

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I bought my AOD in like 1995 for a 1955 f100, then bought the Bronco and realized I wasn’t going to finish the f100 and the Aod would be perfect.

If I had the choice today, I agree.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I jad an old auto trans master xo my AOD. Reworked the valve body, added extra clutch/etc. shifts like a CVT trans. Love it, but I have a premium built/modified 4r70w that I want to sell, but want to put it my bronco. Just need the all so elusive "time". Nut I am very pleased with the function of my AOD .

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The main reason I passed on suggesting the 6R80 was the fact that there was already a ZF adaptor in the mix. With that in mind, a 4R70W just bolts to the ZF adaptor. Use what is on hand.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
The main reason I passed on suggesting the 6R80 was the fact that there was already a ZF adaptor in the mix. With that in mind, a 4R70W just bolts to the ZF adaptor. Use what is on hand.
... and save a ton-o-ca$h.