• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How Do You Plug Firewall Holes W/O Burning LineX

ryan287

Loc.
Orange County, CA
Trying to cut down on the dozen or so drill holes in my firewall by welding, but I don't want to melt/catch fire my LineX. I'm going to be repainting the engine bay as well.

Thx

KBUCK1

dont think you can weld it without melting the linex. body filler maybe

helo-mech

Blue Magic Quick Steel. 2 part putty that you knead together and apply to area. Once it hardens you can sand and paint/line over it.

I am in the process of using it to repair some trunk damage on a car right now and so far I am very impressed.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Body filler or epoxy isnt going to be a lasting fix. If you dont want the welding issues, rubber/plastic body plugs are the really the only option.

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
If it is a round hole just use a body plug. If you go to a junk yard all cars have them. Just need to find the right size for the hole that you are filling.

mjramacher

Grind around both sides weld it up and roll on some new bed liner it would be nice looking and with the motor and everything else in the motor compartment you probably wouldn't even notice in a few weeks.

ENDLIFE

Cheap old grommets, as you never know when you'll need one of those holes again.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Drill holes you say. So are these little 1/8~1/4" holes? I would just use some 2-part epoxy.

One of those reasons I will not bedline a tub, nor will I buy a Bronco that has had the tub bedlined.

backpain

Bronco Guru
Small round holes take button head SS bolts and large ones take body plugs or strip, weld, paint.

hardcharger

Loc.
San Diego
i've grounded off some linex for similar fix on a truck bed someone butchered for a trailer hitch. then just took it back to the linex place and they made it so you never woulda guessed there was a hole there. Grinding linex is a pain but it isn't impossible.