• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

high beam foot switch location/installation

Aaron

Loc.
Portland
Good morning, all.

i was hoping someone may have details on the high beam footswitch location and proper installation? Purchasing a 71 bronco and it arrived with the footswitch attached to the carpet. i would like to get this fixed and fixed correctly.

thanks in advance and happy new year!

yeti

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Nice, I was wondering the same since I’m about to mount mine but I like the magnet idea mentioned in that thread. I’d hate to mount it and then be unhappy anyway.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I actually moved the original location on my 71 to make it more appropriate for my foot.
With the original harness, you’re somewhat limited by the wiring length. If you’re rewiring it, then the sky is the limit.
Get it out from underneath the parking brake pedal by just a bit, and you’ll probably be happier than putting it back in the original location.