• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me ID this build :x

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Hey guys/gals,

I'm looking for some help on figuring out this lift & tire/wheel setup.

If I had to guess -

3.5" total lift (1-2" body lift given that bumper gap)
33"x12.50"
15"x10" wheels

Also, were those rear windows discontinued? I only know of the new TBP style -

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I think the total lift is a bit higher. 3½ suspension and 2" body would be my guess.

Those side windows have been built, and discontinued several times over the years by different makers/venders. I can't nail down which version they are. Never followed them enough to tell the difference as well.

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Great looking bronco. I want those wheels for my 1978. You having issues with your current tire/wheel setup? I remember the stance looking very nice in another thread.

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Great looking bronco. I want those wheels for my 1978. You having issues with your current tire/wheel setup? I remember the stance looking very nice in another thread.

I've been planning on going w/ wider wheels & a different setup for sometime, I want the functionality of 37's but really like the proportional look of 33/35" tires. I think this rig epitomizes a functional family wagon.

:)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I think to be low enough to really get the benifit of 37’s it begins to look clown car/hot wheels ish, which I happen to like because it’s exaggerated and out of proportion. But balanced proportion is hard to beat with 1-1/2” of lift and 35’s

IMO most run too much lift to be proportional and to leverage the best performance from their rig. TX SS has one of the most proportional broncos on 35’s I’ve ever seen. Stock replacement rear leafs with 1-1/2” coils in the front with gorilla flares. With normal sized fiberglass flares I think 33’s would be just as nice.

Attachments

• FC4C8F4D-06D1-4564-9CE3-668C31652A41.jpeg
    FC4C8F4D-06D1-4564-9CE3-668C31652A41.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
I think to be low enough to really get the benifit of 37’s it begins to look clown car/hot wheels ish, which I happen to like because it’s exaggerated and out of proportion. But balanced proportion is hard to beat with 1-1/2” of lift and 35’s

IMO most run too much lift to be proportional and to leverage the best performance from their rig. TX SS has one of the most proportional broncos on 35’s I’ve ever seen. Stock replacement rear leafs with 1-1/2” coils in the front with gorilla flares. With normal sized fiberglass flares I think 33’s would be just as nice.

Couldn't agree more. I spend hours looking at different setups, debating on my future stance. I have a catalog of different rigs saved in a folder to look at.

I want to strike a balance between being very capable offroad & not killing the look of the truck.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Couldn't agree more. I spend hours looking at different setups, debating on my future stance. I have a catalog of different rigs saved in a folder to look at.

I want to strike a balance between being very capable offroad & not killing the look of the truck.
I’ve actually considered putting 35’s on mine for a few reasons. Number 1 I could put flares on it, which help with the amount of crap flung inside when it’s wet. It would perfect the gearing, it needs just a touch more gear with the 37’s, not horrible but a little more would make a noticeable difference. It would also look more balanced. Although it would just be even lower. Pony Express was my inspiration on stance

For off-road performance it’s tough to find that balance of ground clearance and performance, lower CG and less weight will always out perform the tall trucks unless your just in a huge boulder field that is flat where they can take advantage of the height.

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
I’ve actually considered putting 35’s on mine for a few reasons. Number 1 I could put flares on it, which help with the amount of crap flung inside when it’s wet. It would perfect the gearing, it needs just a touch more gear with the 37’s, not horrible but a little more would make a noticeable difference. It would also look more balanced. Although it would just be even lower. Pony Express was my inspiration on stance

For off-road performance it’s tough to find that balance of ground clearance and performance, lower CG and less weight will always out perform the tall trucks unless your just in a huge boulder field that is flat where they can take advantage of the height.

Yep, this thing is so squirrely w/ just the 2.5" lift, I can't imagine what it would be like w/ a large lift. I think these front springs are tired & I want to get a set of 3.5" Deavers from Bronco Graveyard. I plan to run an internal bypass coilover in the future tied right into c-clamp bracket.

I just wish Weldtec still made their long travel kit :/

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
With more time to tinker and allowing myself the budget I would most definitely be running 4 tube bypasses and maybe even coilovers. But for my stupid low suspension budget, I’m very pleased with what I have, isn’t perfect but does very well, for high speed running I do need more valving, but like it sits is good enough that unless we’re crossing a desert valley, if I really need more I’m spending too much time driving and not enough time looking around.