• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone done a sliding rag top

MonsterBIlly

I am thinking about putting a sliding rag top in my original 75 metal hard top. I do think i have seen one before. Has anyone here done it?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think one or two here might’ve done it. We’ve had this discussion a couple of times over the years.
I think it’s cool idea but it’s pretty much custom all the way. Which is probably why not many have attempted it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, that’s cool to know. Have you got a link to it?
I hate searching from my phone.😩

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
My intention is to install one. I purchased one (sitting on my shelf) to install if my paint guy ever gets the hardtop painted.
I bought mine through legacy.
If you do a search here, you will find at least two and maybe three that were done.
You can get them in manual and power but the power one is hella expensive at least for my wallet.

By the way, the one bronco on legacy's site shows the longer model and most including myself have an issue with the extra fabric laying off the back and have went a size or two smaller in length, but you may think differently.