• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Harbor Blue Build Thread

OP
OP
JeffG

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
My oldest turns 16 in September and I promised he could drive the bronco occasionally. Didn't want a new driver without a NSS!!

OP
OP
JeffG

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Keeping the thread alive. The tub is still at the paint shop but I did get a chance to have 9" third member refreshed. New clutches in the track-lok so should be good to go.

Attachments

• Diff 1.jpg
    Diff 1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Diff 2.jpg
    Diff 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Diff 3.jpg
    Diff 3.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Diff 4.jpg
    Diff 4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
JeffG

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Having the usual slowness at the paint shop and didn't want this thread to move to archives so adding a post.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Keeping thread alive. No updates on this slow build!

sux that life has to get in the way most of the time right lol

but appreciate the day and spend it wisely w/family and friends :)

OP
OP
JeffG

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Bringing this back from the dead. Between the pandemic, a total kitchen remodel and my paint guy deciding to retire after not touching the bronco for almost 3 years I am back at it. I have been working to finish the tub at a snails pace, but progress is progress I guess.

OP
OP
JeffG

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
This '77 had too much rust in the original body for my skills, so early on I gave the tub away to a guy that wanted to salvage what he could or maybe build a trailer. I was able to pick up a good earlier model tub to start this build with. At first, I wasn't too concerned with the '77 specific items but I decided I wanted a main fuel door and relocate the rear marker lights.

First thing I needed was a fuel door with cutout, and eBay delivered:

Attachments

• Door 2.jpg
    Door 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Door 1.jpg
    Door 1.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OP
OP
JeffG

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
With the wealth of knowledge on CB.com, I was able to locate some old posts with measurements for the fuel door. After measuring several times, I decided to break out the trusty angle grinder and dove in.

Attachments

• Door 3.jpg
    Door 3.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Door 4.jpg
    Door 4.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Door 5.jpg
    Door 5.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Door 6.jpg
    Door 6.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 17

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Not a lot of huge progress but I did want to keep this thread active. I was supposed to drop the tub off at the paint shop on Dec 3, but they bumped me back to mid January. Oh well.

I did get a chance to polish the slot wheels and get some tires mounted. I went with 32x11.50x15 Maxxis Buckshot Mudder II. I like the tread design and think they will be perfect for this build. No lift, fenders cut with flares.
Good looking wheels and tires

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Great to see you making some progress. I try to do something on my build every day, every little thing make a difference.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Bringing this back from the dead. Between the pandemic, a total kitchen remodel and my paint guy deciding to retire after not touching the bronco for almost 3 years I am back at it. I have been working to finish the tub at a snails pace, but progress is progress I guess.

YES it IS :) get after it