• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Happy 55th Birthday Bronco! A quick look back at the first introduction

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice article Todd, and thank you for preserving the history of these mighty rigs through literature.

Roger

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone else notice the right hand drive Bronco? Last pic.................................Flipped

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Anyone else notice the right hand drive Bronco? Last pic.................................Flipped

Actually didn't see that last pic at all lol. DROF grill ;D Good look at a PTO shaft exiting the grill though.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Yes - good eye! It unfortunately came from the archives that way.

There will be more pics posted tomorrow from the event that will include at least one other photo that is of a RHD postal Bronco roadster :).

Todd Z.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yes - good eye! It unfortunately came from the archives that way.

There will be more pics posted tomorrow from the event that will include at least one other photo that is of a RHD postal Bronco roadster :).

Todd Z.

This was at SC 2016, converted of course but cool all the same.

20160415_165008_zps3c0tk1s5.jpg

20160415_165022_zpsa4r5otmy.jpg

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Todd has Corporate Ford been of value in your historical pursuits? Or are you digging on your own.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Todd has Corporate Ford been of value in your historical pursuits? Or are you digging on your own.

Their information was key for this article. The majority of the information and all the photos are from the Ford archives (used with their permission).

My contacts/info from the archives came after I did my book. The majority of the 'Ford information' I used in my book came from items I and others have collected over the years and have in our collections of documents, etc.

I hope that if I ever do a revision to the book or another book on Broncos, that I can use the archival materials in it.

Todd Z.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the history lesson on this grand event of our reverenced able steed... The Bronco ! Thanks for sharing it Todd!!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Their information was key for this article. The majority of the information and all the photos are from the Ford archives (used with their permission).

My contacts/info from the archives came after I did my book. The majority of the 'Ford information' I used in my book came from items I and others have collected over the years and have in our collections of documents, etc.

I hope that if I ever do a revision to the book or another book on Broncos, that I can use the archival materials in it.

Todd Z.
Good deal shows someone at Ford has respect for the work you have done. Im sure its very hard to get corporations to loosen up. Thank you for the work you do. It benefits all of us Bronco nuts.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Great read Todd! Glad you are a great asset to the bronco community!

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really great article Todd. It's cool to me that it happened a few miles from where live. I thought about cruising over to the Romeo proving grounds last night for a photo by the entry sign but decided to do that in a week or 2 when I have a little more time. I'll swing by the Kingsley Inn(It's a Doubletree by Mariott now) in Bloomfield Hills on Woodward - cruised by it lots of times without knowing the history that took place there & now I'll look at it differently.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Really great article Todd. It's cool to me that it happened a few miles from where live. I thought about cruising over to the Romeo proving grounds last night for a photo by the entry sign but decided to do that in a week or 2 when I have a little more time. I'll swing by the Kingsley Inn(It's a Doubletree by Mariott now) in Bloomfield Hills on Woodward - cruised by it lots of times without knowing the history that took place there & now I'll look at it differently.

I love seeing pics of the old stuff now too! I was thinking of doing the same thing here with a few of the shots in the '73 Bronco intro video that has been floating around for awhile now.

Todd Z.