• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GT 40 Hood scoop?

Hazegray

Okay, gotta admit have a couple of beers in me and questions came to mind.

I stripped the body down on my 71 in preparation for paint and the old fiberglass hood scoop had to go, cracked and warped. My original steel hood has over 20 drilled holes that were filled in by bondo by previous owner and an huge hole in the middle of it. :(

I ordered the 428 cobra jet scoop and was thinking on welding up all those holes, however, there are just too many of them and warpage is a concern. BTW The quality of the hood scoop is just not there.

Anyways, thinking aloud and looking at the GT40 hood design, I have a vision of creating a similar design to evacuate the radiator hot air, while incorporating a mini hood scoop. Has anyone seen an animal such as this on a Bronco?

Apologize for the rambling...mucho Dos Equis..