• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grill color change line

SteveC

Loc.
Tuscaloosa AL
Can someone snap a couple of up close photos of their grill? I need to see the color change area that goes from body color to argent grill color for repainting.

Thanks!.

OP
OP
SteveC

SteveC

Loc.
Tuscaloosa AL
Thanks but I need really up close. Close enough to see where the body color stops and grill color begins. Like at what point around the "ridge" around the grill.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Its pretty easy but it is done in 2 ways, does your grill have the chrome trim ring that separates it (Most common with Sport models as well as the upgraded Rangers, Explorers, Stroppe, Special Decor etc.) If it is a plain bronco with no trim, the line is defined in the drill stamping, you cannot miss it. If you have the trim, you will need to test fit the trim to make some marks so your color line is hidden behind the trim etc.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>> my explorer spec/trim bronco came from the factory with the later explorer hood/side stripes along with side moulding/trim.... no grill trim, window/windshield trim or chrome headlight bezels.....

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg