• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grant Steering Wheel spring

sandman23

I have a Grant wood steering wheel and the Ford cap fell off the other day with the spring dropping out. When I went to re-install it, it was challenging to have the spring stay centered and attach the Ford cap. I think I might be missing a part, possibly a black piece at the center of the base of the steering wheel that holds the spring in-place and allows you to attach the Ford cap to create enough tension so that it keeps the metal ring off of the metal wheel part which engages the horn.

Any help on finding this part would be much appreciated.

fluffybunny

Contributor
I used about a 1-1/2" piece of electrical tape to secure it to the shaft them popped the horn button on.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
No help here but just a comment. The newer style Grant horn buttons that are self contained with no exposed contacts are a great improvement over the old style. It would be nice to convert your wheel to the new style button but I did a small search and did not find any conversion kits. I suppose with a little ingenuity and fabrication you could make something like this to work.

Attachments

• BB8BBCE6-9B86-4CCE-82E0-DF32FC8875F4.jpeg
    BB8BBCE6-9B86-4CCE-82E0-DF32FC8875F4.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 5