• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

getting ready for efi,few questions,fuel pump,dizzy,etc

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
hi everyone..i'm finally getting to work on my bronco again,and have a few questions that I wanted to ask on here

I'm going with a new 23 gal steel tank, going to mount fuel pump on frame with filters and braided line up to engine bay.. the motor is a freshened 306 with trick flow heads and small hyd roller cam..i plan to put my edelbrock rpm intake and carb back on it for now,until I get a few hrs on the combo

is there a good adj regulator with return port I can use to knock the fuel pressure down for the carb,and then once I convert to efi,be able to still use for the fuel injection setup? its been quite sometime since ive messed with carb setups

distributor, can the tfi mounted 87-93 mustang dizzy be used with a carb setup? make up a harness to supply power to it,running with a msd 6al? for some reason I remember the mustang guys running those with carbs back in the day...

c4, I plan to reuse it for now,and then put a 4R in it..the motor that's in the bronco right now,came with it. I'm not sure if its a 28oz or late model 50oz motor..is there a way I can tell what size (tooth count) flywheel i'll need before I pull this motor out? trying to have everything ready to drop the new motor in before hand..new motor is a 50oz

going to put explorer front dress on this time. plan to just get a new water pump from parts store, unless there is a better option like flow cooler,etc will install new 3 core radiator while at it

just trying to get all my ducks in a row to do this over a weekend..i'm sure things will pop up, allways do! but trying to get most everything ready..thanks in advance for any info.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Efi

Ricky,

Why not get the EFI parts and do it once? You will wind up doing the same amount of work twice to go carbed and then remove it all to go EFI. I started witn a non-EFI tank and external fuel pump and suffered heat soak and eventually got a tank with internal pump and solved that issue. If it is not a DD, take your time and do it once and be done.

v/r,

SevenT

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
that's probably my better option..but with the way life is nowadays..i really just want to get it going..i do plan to go efi,just don't have all the funds right now..have lots of parts,just not everything...this bronco has sat in my shop at least 5 years now,and I like to lost it last year in a big flood we had down here..

I have a cpl mustangs with pretty nice setups in them,.and I've used external fuel systems on both..never had an issue..maybe I'm just lucky..

I wasn't thinking about not being able to control timing if I used a stock tfi dizzy..might not be the way to go then..whats everyone using? need to have the compatible gear for hyd roller cam on it..thanks

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Instead of hose all the way from the tank it would be better to use solid metal tubing and only use hose in shorter lengths to connect the engine to the frame lines, tank to the pump and pump to the frame lines.