• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Gauging Interest, Help Value Restomod 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Folks, looks like my son is going to have to sell his Bronco to help finance his education.

We built this a few years ago, everything was new when built.

We started with a '66 tub, media blasted it, fixed all the holes, etc... Coated the bottom with black line-x and the interior with tan. Fresh paint on the outside. Front fenders are fiberglass with built-in flares, steel grill, fiberglass hood. 2"x6" tube welded in in place of the rocker panel. New Centech wiring harness installed. New rubber door/window seals. Includes a full hard top and a full cage. Custom dash from a BCB blank. Center console with radio, overhead sound bar.

Frame was blasted as well, front axle moved forward 2", shock hoops installed, as well as extended radius arms. Frame was then coated in POR-15 and painted black after.

Front axle is a full width, HP D44, 4.09 gears, open diff, disk brakes.

Rear axle is a matching 31 spline 8.8", redrilled axles for the 5x5.5" BC, 4.10 gears and an ARB, disk brakes.

Engine is a MAF SEFI 351W, roller block with A9L/P EEC. New 12071-A50 harness installed with engine. Trans is a ZF5 speed with the stock Dana20 T-case, twin sticked T-shift style. AC compressor powers the OBA, with a 2 gallon tank for air tools, the ARB, etc...

EB has about 4' of lift. Bastien shocks all around, BCBroncos coils in front, can't remember the rear leaf specs.

Front winch bumper, no winch installed. Rear swing out tire carrier bumper with 2" receiver built in.

He's thinking somewhere around $30K.

I wouldn't think twice about taking this Bronco on a cross country trip. Rides well, steers nice, etc... Will easily drive 80+MPH down the highway.

Thoughts/interest?

IMG_20190412_160818085_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190412_160810441_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190412_160828119_HDR.jpg

elan

Loc.
s
It wouldn't be legal to drive in California. Tires cannot extend past fenders or fender extensions

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I think there are a number of other states with similar laws......

Pics of: engine compartment, interior, underside......

Dirtroadjunkie

Tires out of the fenders isn't a deal killer in all of Cali. It depends on your Local. My cop buddies keep telling me when I question them on codes that I have nothing to worry about. They tell me "You don't fit that profile". That's cool that you were able to pass on building skills to your son. Hopefully he can get another one one day. Good luck with the sale!

elan

Loc.
s
Yaaaa', I'm pretty sure it's all of California. I don't recall the DMV having different rules for different counties other than smog laws. But hey........I'm always willing to learn if I'm wrong.

pipeline010

You asked for valuation advice, here's mine.

30k is a breeze, patience should get you over 35 maybe more. Zero rust is absolutely huge, as is the fact it can drive anywhere, right now, at 80mph +. If I was in the market I'd offer you 25k and be buying a plane ticket right now, and your truck isn't really my style.

Bonus - what is it your kid thinks there is to learn more than what he's learned from this restore? I hope he got into a great school with a clear job path, cause resto shops are always looking for good workers and they are comanding more and more $$.

Glws.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
You asked for valuation advice, here's mine.

30k is a breeze, patience should get you over 35 maybe more.

Bonus - what is it your kid thinks there is to learn more than what he's learned from this restore? I hope he got into a great school with a clear job path, cause resto shops are always looking for good workers and they are commanding more and more $$.

Glws.

Thank you, excellent advice.

He's already done more than most his age, 6 years active duty, Airborne Infantry, Pathfinder, Air Assault, sniper school and a year in Afghanistan.

It's less about what he's learning vs. what he's demonstrating competence at and getting certified, and that is aeronautical engineering.

Selling the Bronco now allows him to play a bit more and work less, which is important. We'll build another one in a few years, once he's in a better place. Not having student loans to pay off will make it that much easier.
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Yaaaa', I'm pretty sure it's all of California. I don't recall the DMV having different rules for different counties other than smog laws. But hey........I'm always willing to learn if I'm wrong.

So, aside from being a bit of a nudgy thread heist....

Those are 35x15 old school MT/Rs on 10" wide wheels with 3.5" back-space.

Swap those for some 35x17x8s with 4.5" back-space and you'd be **maybe** a little outside the covers.

My experience has always been that police will use most any excuse as PC to pull you over, but you usually won't get a ticket unless you try... Maybe 'cause I used to be a cop....
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.