• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full Cage ideas...

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Starting to get back to working on my full cage again. I have the main structure all together but I am working on the tubes to tie the seats in both front and back. I am also wanting to put at least 3 point belts in the rear. I would like to see some photos of how others have done this. I have not welded in a brace from the center pillar to the back yet. Trying to decide where to put it so I can connect the shoulder belt to it. OR... do I need to add another tube for this purpose.

I have the fold and tumble seat in the back. If anyone has come up with some trick way of mounting this so it still folds up out of the way I would be interested in seeing it.

Any photos of cool cage ideas are welcome. I am in no hurry and could do about anything at this point.

Greg

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I will be out in the garage a bit this weekend, if I can, I will try to get som pics of the brackets I made for the F&T seat. The brackets that come from WH or was it Tom's...I think it was Toms...anyway, I believe they sell the same seat. I will also get pics of how I mounted the rear 3 pt belts to the cage. I will try to post them up by the end of the w/e...PM me if I fail to.

Cheers!

John

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I will be out in the garage a bit this weekend, if I can, I will try to get som pics of the brackets I made for the F&T seat. The brackets that come from WH or was it Tom's...I think it was Toms...anyway, I believe they sell the same seat. I will also get pics of how I mounted the rear 3 pt belts to the cage. I will try to post them up by the end of the w/e...PM me if I fail to.

Cheers!

John

What I started to say, but got distracted...I mean, what is work doing--trying to get in the way of me and CB, GAAAWHD...back on point. Toms, I believe is where I got the seat...it came with brackets for mounting it to the floor, ie, you have to drill holes. I still have them somewhere...I believe. Anyway, I wanted "everything" tied to the cage, seats, Tuffy boxes, console, seatbelts, etc...so I put in some rectangular tube (1X2") from front to back and made brackets similar to the ones that came with the seat, to adapt the seat to the cage. I also made a more substantial bracket for the quick-release. Of course, the seatbelts mount to the cage. Pics to follow.

Thanks for the props.