• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front axle pushed to passenger side

biggercb

What will cause the front axle to become pushed over to the passenger side?

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Have you lifted the bronco? If you have, the track bar will pull it to one side. If you haven't lifted it, check for loose or worn suspension parts that might cause it to move.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The track bar isn't usually adjustable. When lifted the track bar pulls the axle to the driver's side. If a track bar drop bracket or riser is installed it will push the axle back to the passenger side. If the drop/riser isn't really needed it will push the axle too far.

ENDLIFE

I had the problem that viper described. I had an adjustable track bar in both stock locations, but I had vicious bump steer to go along with it. I bough a Wild Horses track bar riser, adjusted my track bar all the way in, and my axle was still slightly pushed to the passenger side of the vehicle. Once I put back on my stock track bar, my front end is now about an 1/8" off, and thats where it's staying.

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Does it affect handling if it's pushed over to one side? Just curious....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Other very typical things to check when wondering about the centering of an EB front axle:

1. Are the wheels the same width and offset?
2. Is the body on straight?
3. Are the fender flares the same (if applicable).
4. Is the trackbar or either of it's mounts "custom" in any way?
5. Is there a wheel spacer on one side only? (and you think I'm kidding?:eek: )
6. The obvious sagged out suspension from old age. Measure between the bottom of the frame and the top of the axle tube and see what change from 7" there is. Anything less is the amount of sag.

Paul