• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

frame and rear wiring harness

unimogger

Loc.
Philthadelphia
My main harness is in useable shape, but the harness that runs back along the frame to the gas tank and rear lights is shot. Does anyone make this separately? If needed I'll make one, but it's something I'd rather purchase. For a 73' if it makes a difference

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
There are only about 6 wires in it - just buy some modern wire with the right colors & stripes, and replace the damaged stuff. The inline connectors are only for assembly-line convenience - they're not required for the truck to work, and NOT having them will make the wiring keep working longer.

(phone app link)

Search ebay & Amazon for "gxl striped {gauge number} {color}".

OP
OP
U

unimogger

Loc.
Philthadelphia
Thanks, thats what I'll do. Does anyone know what gauge the those wires are? As short as it is, and running LED bulbs 18 awg should handle it right?

Jfryjfry

a few additional wires you might consider:
a separate brake light wire for a 3rd brake light
a larger power wire for higher power backup lights
if you want to run a relay for those brighter backup lights, run a trigger wire for it. This is if you mount the relay in the rear. If you put the relay up front or inside, no need.
if efi is in your future, run a large power wire and relay trigger wire for that, too. (same note for the relay as above)
If you are going to tow, run the appropriate wires to where you would install the plug