• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor pan(rear) fix/replace

Boatsw

Loc.
East Texas
I had my interior bed media blasted, and weld patch over where PO had fiber glass however blatsing mad a lot of small holes where there was pitted rust(po had some astro turf stuff in there)...is there a GOOD way to patch? I plan on putting some type of rhino liner in eventually, or do I need to replace I check Dennis carpenter and they list floor pans but I couldnt find pics or dimensions...
Thanks, sorry for lenght

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
If it's just pitted up a little with a few pin holes, you could patch it with POR patch. It's a product made by the same folks who make POR-15. I used POR-15 on my upper floor pans of my old 74 and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to prep the area like they recommend. I didn't do it in two small areas and the stuff just peeled off. I couldn't beat it off with a hammer in the areas I preped correctly.