• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech EFI Issue

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Just a notice to anyone with a FiTech EFI setup. I purchased my kit back a year or two ago as I acquired parts to finish my project. Since it was nice out last weekend, I was able to get the Bronco out and drive it a bit. It started to run terrible, and feared I wouldn't make it home.

Looking at the data log, the MAP sensor value kept going down (high vacuum) and was not changing based on the throttle position. It turns out that FiTech puts a grommet on the tube from the computer where the sensor is mounted to seal to the throttle body. It looks almost exactly like a weather-pack wire grommet (and it might be). Turns out that the nose of that part is too long for the way it is installed and gets pinched over the tube. As vacuum builds, it sucks that opening shut and acts like a vacuum check valve. Found the fix on the web. Basically trim off the end of the grommet and re-install.

Worked great for me, and didn't take very long to make the fix with a box cutter. Wanted to pass this info along to others who have, or are considering using the FiTech system.
74b8c9bd23f6c94553c6fd282cc929bf.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, great update! Thanks a lot for that.
Might help somebody get past a glitch that they’re experiencing. Still learning new stuff about these things!