• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust options

Sherlock

I have BCB's shorty headers and 2 into 1 exhaust that goes into a Gibson Superflow round muffler. Everything fits perfectly. Is there a ready made/pre bent/off the shelf 3 inch exhaust pipe that can go from the muffler back to dump behind the rear passenger tire?

Thanks

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I have the same headers on my 351w, but a Flowmaster muffler. I just brought my bronco to a local muffler shop and he bent, fit and installed the tailpipe for $120 last year.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have BCB's shorty headers and 2 into 1 exhaust that goes into a Gibson Superflow round muffler. Everything fits perfectly. Is there a ready made/pre bent/off the shelf 3 inch exhaust pipe that can go from the muffler back to dump behind the rear passenger tire?

Thanks

No.
But any decent exhaust shop can make one.
Or I just buy universal parts (box of bends) and make my own.

MitchE

Sorry to hijack the thread but did you think of coming straight out the back or does that result in backlash of fumes on your neck.?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Sorry to hijack the thread but did you think of coming straight out the back or does that result in backlash of fumes on your neck.?

Broncos are neither well sealed nor aerodynamic. They suffer a lot of "station wagon" effect. In other words, Broncos are well known for filling the cab quite badly with exhaust fumes with a straight out the back exhaust. Side exit behind the rear tire is the time tested best way to deal with it. Side exit in front of the back tire doesn't work as well.