• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Drive Shaft Problems Created by Me Funny but Sad

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
but it took me a couple of days to figure out why a stock driveshaft would not fit with a 2.5 inch lift. i have a 4r70w with an AA adapter. Duh. Guessing I will need a custom on the back due to it being shorter. Will see what happens on the now longer length needed on the front.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
If the ends work, shorten the rear shaft to fit the front and lenghten the front shaft to fit the rear. You only pay for 3 cuts/welds that way???;D;D;D

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Going to see what the front does since it longer length needed now. Will check the ends

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Going to see what the front does since it longer length needed now. Will check the ends

Depending how much the t-case moved it might bolt up but that doesn't mean it fits. Dont want the driveshaft coming apart over a dip. A coworker's brand new heep did that while he was showing it off in a lot across from the job