• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did anyone install those interior diamond plate quarter panels on their Bronco?

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I was just wondering how it went. Did you experience the same problems I came across? I picked up mine from a guy on Ebay that claims they fit like a glove. I wasn't so lucky. I was forced to trim one of them.. Apparently they weren't made to just slide on. Mine wouldn't fall in the same position as the one on the passenger side without cutting a lot of aluminum off. They finally look nice but what gets me mad is being lied to. So when you are on Ebay beware of that diamondplatewholesaler who claims they will fit perfectly like a glove. You will end up spending hours trimming them to fit.

Attachments

• moto_0473.jpg
    moto_0473.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 199
  • moto_0476.jpg
    moto_0476.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I bought some too (local machine shop) for a '75 I use to have..... ended up selling the Bronco and the panels before I took the time install them.

Last edited:

ghost66

Bronco Guru
The only thing I can say is that these are fitted correctly and I've been selling them for 6 years with never a complaint. The only way they don't fit is if there is an issue with your rear wheel wells. Had you contacted me and I was told there was a problem I would have rectified it immediately. I have never lied to anyone nor have I mislead anyone.I have most of my parts on my personal Bronco including a set of the inner quarter panels. I did not need to trim them they fit right in as intended. If you go back to my site you will see that I have never received a negative feedback since I've been in business. My phone number is also listed on the site as well for any questions that need answering. I'm sorry if they didn't work out for you and I really don't know why since I can assure you that they are cut to fit all and any 66-76 Broncos. I'm sure there are others on CB that have bought these and installed them that I will welcome to hear their feedback. Sure wish you would have called me before this post or even sent me an email. If necessary to clear my name I will bring a set of them to anyone in St Louis or the surrounding areas to see for themselves.

OP
OP
Evian

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I purchased these a couple of months ago. I figured if it fits like a glove I can install it later without any problems. When I tried to install them I discovered that they didn't fit like a glove. I went to Paypal to seek remediation but I couldn't find my payment to you. If I would have found it, I would not have corrected the problem myself. I do all my remediation through Paypal. I have tried numerous times to deal one on one with individuals and companies but I find it better to deal with Paypal first. Why, because I usually end up there anyway. I posted this just to see if anyone else had this problem.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
From what I see in the picture the issue comes from that freaky roll bar mount, either it was stopping the panel from dropping in OR when bolted in it pulled the wheel well out, with the amount of holes rusted thru I would suspect it would not be hard to do. Also the construction of Broncos were not exact from the factory, just measure the top od the door opening on several Bronco's, I did on 4 and 2 were within 1/4" of each other.

bigjhoov

nobody
Goddamnitman, do you do anything but complain? Can you not deal with everyday life without having to air every minor delima out in public. Man up and grow a pair.

cody72sport

i had rust just like yours, and the same roll bar, it pulled my wheel well out of place. i just finished putting new metal there from jbg, figured it would be much safer

shonivey

i have purchased many items from diamondplatewholesalers and have never had a fitment issue. Always recieve prompt and courteous service.
As stated above the fitment issue seems to be the roll bar mount/bracket.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
It looks in the pict, you are way off in the back because of that rollbar, you know that aint factory. ether you are going to have to relocate the rollbar or trim it to fit around it. I bought mine from Jeffs a coulple of years ago & there is a left & right but they fit pretty good.

OP
OP
Evian

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
The rollbar wasn't the problem. I loosen the rollbar and it moved out of the way, but this didn't solve the problem. I still had to trim the panel. It is obvious if you look at the second photo. The one showing the complete panel. Both sides of the panel were too close to the wheel well. I trimmed one side. It is obvious from the photo that I haven't begun restoring my Bronco. That will happen in Summer. Due to the warm weather I decided to dry fit some of the parts I have been accumulating during our long Winter.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have them in mine, absolutely no problems with install. I cut a hole for speakers in each one but other than that I didn't have to do anything for fit. I looked through my pics and this s the only one I could find that has one of the panels in it.

Attachments

• DSC00261.jpg
    DSC00261.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 103

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I will be willing to bet that once you replace the rusted floor pieces and get things back to where they should be we will be hearing how you screwed up by trimming those panels.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
It may well be that the wheel well on the passenger side is out of form due to the roll bar and the rusted floor but also Evian your Bronco is a 77. Which is a different pattern configuration then 66-76 in the rear quarters. I specifically mention in my sales For 66-76 Broncos only. I'm not sure how you got the driver side to fit correctly. I only realized that your Bronco was a 77 by looking at some of your previous posts.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
I also have bought some diamondplate and had no problems but where the body wasnt right. rust plays havok when ordering prefit products. Contacting the supplier should be your first step and not paypal. Dont be a jerk, the Bronco guys are pretty tight as it is a limited supplier community.

farnorthdan

Loc.
Eagle River, Alaska
Don't have a dog in this fight but if it was me, I would have contacted the supplier ASAP with fitment questions. Shoot you might have gotten a freebe for your troubles...

dan