• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Damn newbie...

Aaron

Loc.
Portland
Hi all, I am sure I am putting way too much thought into this...

Just picked up a new Driver Side Air Vent Box (seals already installed) and Top Air Vent Duct Seals. My question, as embarrassing for me as it is, the duct seal appears to simply fit in nicely under the lip of the vent box. Does this need some sort of adhesive or does it simply sit in there?

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Mine has adhesive on it. But I am not sure if that was factory or if someone put it on later.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you're talking about the square one on top (under the hood) then yes, it had adhesive.
It would sit there for awhile without it perhaps, but eventually would stick to the hood, or blow out in a stiff breeze or just let debris get underneath it and be a pain.

Paul

scottbr997

Loc.
Bend, OR
I just took mine out and cleaned. The top rubber seal was barely on. I took it off, removed old adhesive, and applied new. I used 3M 80. Worked great.