• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

crank sensor wire routing

yakelys69

I've chopped & tilted the explorer coil pack bracket down so it fits under the hood. Thanks to this forum it was relatively painless after reviewing what others have done. I'm now contemplating the wire routing on the harness, I have both the crank and cam sensor wires twisted and shielded individually but am squeamish about routing them under or along-side the coil pack bracket. Is this how others have routed it without issue? Alternatively considering running it across to the fender then back to the ECU & EDIS somehow. Any advice?

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
crank sensor wiring dropped down on passenger side between waterpump/front cover and alternator mounting bracket on the V6,on V8's pretty sure it dropped down behind alt bracket

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Routing for the 5.0 is similar to V6. One of the waterpump bolts has a stud for the wiring to attach to.

crank sensor wiring dropped down on passenger side between waterpump/front cover and alternator mounting bracket on the V6,on V8's pretty sure it dropped down behind alt bracket

OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

So did the harness run along the injectors and under the coil pack?