• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

convert fiberglass 1 piece front clip from flip forward

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I asked this question a while ago and did not get much of a response. I know the one piece front clips are not terribly popular, but when I picked up my glass body that is what it had and the frame was already welded up to support the flip forward design. Problem is it kills any possibility of an aftermarket let alone a wench. So I was wondering has anyone mounted one of these to open rearward in the more traditional hood opining manner. If so what hardware did you use and if anyone has any pics of how they accomplished it, it would be appreciated.

Deano

Bronco Guru
Will this pic help
a8ahuput.jpg
equza7yj.jpg
it has stock hinges and hood pins to hold it in the front. Sorry no very good pics. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Will this pic help
a8ahuput.jpg
equza7yj.jpg
it has stock hinges and hood pins to hold it in the front. Sorry no very good pics. Hope that helps!

That is exactly what I am looking to do, so the stock hinges will work? that's the part I was not sure about, I was looking at some Chevy hinges and possibly jeep hinges mounted on the inside but I did not know what people where using to mount it. Did you have to reinforce the area where the hinge is bolted in, or did you bolt all the way through the glass? I would like to keep the fasteners hidden from the top of the hood.

Deano

Bronco Guru
There is a plate on the underside of the hood that it is bolted to like a regular hood is bolted up.