• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Considering buying my first Bronco, and very new to the site. Help!

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
It would be worth going to look at. I would take a trailer to tow it back and $3K cash. Tell him to deduct $500 for the grill. See if it blows smoke on start up out of the tailpipe. A 67 came with drum brakes all around and probably a dana 30 front. If it doesn't stop good it probably won't get better unless you convert to disc. 76-77 broncos are more attractive with V-8, dana 44, front disc, power brakes.....The 67 is probably 3 speed manual column shift?

justjeff51

Loc.
Metropolis
In my opinion its a little high. It looks as if its been hit in the passenger rear corner. There is quite a bit of seperation between the rear post and tailgate. The motor however looks to be fairly clean and not leaking everywhere so thats a good sign. Does he have the grill??? May set you back a 200-450 bucks and set of flares would clean up the back fenders a bit. I'm not sure if there is an issue with the door hinges or slight body damage below the drivers door but it doesn't look like its lining up very well. I guees for 3500 your not expecting a new vehicle. Make sure you check the under side for frame rot. I think several people said that already. It comes down to what you can afford to do and how much you can afford to spend after puchase. Good luck..

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
No grill is a deal buster because that is an expensive part, and it is the quintessential image of the EB line. with no grill, people will really call your ride a Heep instead..
Besides the Grill and front clip is what the front fenders bolt to help make the front end strong.
No start or too much smoke is another deal buster or at least a sizeable deduction anyway.

Biggest thing I missed on inspection of mine was frame rust. Found it was so bad rightr above the LR axle that I had to replace the frame..
The good news was that led us to do a frame off restoration and the roling chassis is now in great shape..

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
You've got some really good pics there, by using them to look at, make a list of what you are going to need. Total that list up and see where you come out. Don't get in a hurry, I was in your position 2.5 years ago with about $3800 to spend, didn't see what I wanted, or what I wanted to fix, saved money along the way a just bought a $8k one that I've had to do nothing to, just enjoy driving it. If you want it for the fixer upper challenge, this one may be the one for you, good luck!!

rockg

Loc.
Lafayette, LA
I would bring $2500 cash, like previously said in prior post. If you like to work on it and learn along the way and doesnt really matter how it looks, it would be a good starter bronco. If you dont like to work on it or have limited mechanical skills save your money and spend about 8K on one with less work to do.

I myself spend $700 on a 68 that wasnt running, but i like working on it almost more than driving it. SOunds kinda weird but with a very young family, i can not enjoy it away from home to much.

just my 2 cents

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
I was new to the Bronco world as of 6 months ago. I researched my EB for about 3-4 years. I'm not a body guy so solid body was a priority for me. My truck ran well and drove decent, it is a 77 with all the desired options ps/pb etc. I paid $11k for mine and I've already doubled my purchase price in parts and labor....engine rebuilt, trans flush, tires, wheels, exhaust, some minor trim pieces, steering stabilizer, and and and... Still need an eventual steering linkage upgrade, axles and transfer case gone over and a review of the ball joints....I'm not telling you this to deter you, just a reality check for getting a nice driver like you described. My vote would be to bring a bronco owner with you so you can check out all the known trouble areas and go into it knowing that it takes a lot of money to get a 45 year old rig road worthy....last point....this site will get you all the help you need no matter what you decide. Lots of knowledgeable people willing to lend a hand or advice. Good luck!

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
I'd pass.

Body looks ruff and I bet it's even worse under the primer. No V8, no original interior. I think you could find a better starting spot.