• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Complete restoration of 1966 Ford Bronco Roadster

Teo

Contributor
U13FL738041
092 B U130 796 C03
5)
Series code U13 U-100 Roadster
Engine code F 170 cid 6 cylinder
Assembly Plant L Michigan Truck
Consecutive Unit Number 738041
I‘m very new to this computer stuff and I hope I’ve not messed anything up. I have a mostly original truck that I bought used in the late’70s. I’ve used it a lot and have replaced a few parts. I’m looking at a full restoration and I’ll need sign help from experts. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
T

Teo

Contributor
Become a contributing member and post some pictures.
I’m using an Apple device and I’m still trying to figure out how to update my profile and upload some images. I’ve got a lot of images to share. The Bronco is in its first stages of disassembly and I’ll need a lot of pictures to get it back together. The motor will be overhauled. The transfer case and transmission will be rebuilt. The steering gear needs to be rebuilt. The front and rear axles will be rebuilt. Everything that leaks will no longer be leaking. The fiberglass inserts are original and both sides have some damage on the threshold but I would like to see if a repair can be made. There’s some very old damage to the toe kick driver side and some rust damage on the driver side floor. The original seats were black and I replaced them in the 80s because they were so beat up. The seats now in the Bronco are aftermarket buckets and pretty comfortable but not original. The soft top was lost in the mid 80s. It was also black. I’m very sad that I don’t have the top anymore.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I keep track of still existing 66' u13's. Yours is the 103rd earliest known u13 to still exist.

It's been a while since I've updated the thread, I need to get on that I guess lol.

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Welcome to the best Early Bronco site on the planet! Sounds like you're not new to Broncos, just new here. A lot of times that's a bonus. But sometimes if you have a question, you can use the search function at the top, and nothing comes up, or not what you are looking for. Odds are the answer is still on this site, so what I do is open a new google search and type in classicbroncos and what I'm trying to find and you will get a lot more results, like "classicbroncos rear driveshaft length" or "classicbroncos manual steering shaft". This works for me to get more thorough results. And if all else fails, make a new post, just make sure to read the general info about what forum it is (Bronco Chat, Bronco Tech, etc.) so you can get the answers you want. There's even a Test and Help forum to make sure your new thread looks like you want and added links and such work. Hope this helps, and enjoy your exploring here. Glad you found us!

Reactions: Teo