• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Common courtesy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
What is damned hard about contacting someone and saying they don't want the part you are selling and they have claimed to want it???

Just Douche bag behavior!!!

All you have to do is respond to a PM and say sorry man, changed my mind. No harm, no foul it's OK! Put on your big girl panties and stop being a damned weenie!

Its just common courtesy! I know they have been on the forum as I see them posting about other things/parts.

Has happened at least 3 times with 3 different people in the last month..%)

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
This type of crap happens nearly every time I sell something . No matter how much time I spend taking pics , answering questions some think they can just go silent without even a "no thank you " . Gets to where I'm more surprised when someone actually follows thru ! That said there are still plenty of courteous people out there ... it's just the others you remember the most !

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Common courtesy and common sense seem to be a rare thing these days for sure! Maybe someone should start making some suspenders for those folks that can't seem to keep their big girl panties in the right place!
Thanks for posting this up, made my day a lot better for sure!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Just checked my pm's to make sure it wasnt me. Sorry if I forgot to get back to anybody on parts. I know it happens sometimes due to my situation.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
How long were they a member to this site and how many posts? If they truly want something they will give you personal contact information. If they are new to the site or not really active they havent earn their trust. Sometimes life happens you just move on. You like to think everyone here is family but familys let you down too.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've got a few computer servers for sale on craigslist.

Guy emails: "Do you have any left?"

My response: "I have four available"

After him ghosting and not responding, I email again: "Why do you bother emailing in the first place if you aren't going to respond?"

His response: "Fuck you, you pice of fucking shit, I’m not obligated to respond to you in any kind of way. I asked a fucking question, and was just curious. But you sir can go fuck yourself. I owe you nothing motherfucker"

Idiocy, immaturity, and ignorance all in one package. Welcome to online sales...

elan

Loc.
s
This is why I wake up each day knowing people are jerks. When they aren't, it's refreshing.
Like the last old off roader I bought seven months ago off of Craigslist. The guy was short on the phone and also when I went to look at the item. When cash was offered he was a change person and we had the same conversation as you guys are writing about.
"people, they just won't let you like em' and it's against the law to kill em"

ransil

Bronco Guru
send them a " you want this shirt or not" email/pm I just did this to a CL guy that ask about shipping a part couple weeks ago, shipped it yesterday.
otherwise I just wait til they show up or I get the money before I move it .

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Let me just say that in my rant, I left out the fact that this is the best automotive forum around.

I have had immeasurable help from many, many people. Some have sent parts without asking, heck refusing payment and I try to reciprocate or pay it forward.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to say, hey I changed my mind and this is after several PM's or text messages questioning if they still want the part.

Kind of a similar thing is when I inquire about a part and state yes I will take it, I then contact the seller through a PM and try to get down to shipping or where to send the money and the reply with appropriate info. Then they ghost me, hell flat out ignore me! I suspect that they found a deal locally and could avoid shipping or for that matter made more money, or both? It sucks because I don't do that to people, but at least contact me and say hey I didn't really want to ship it and I found a local buyer... Its not that hard to be upfront with people.

Thanks for those who replied, I really knew I wasn't alone in this.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My favorite is when you finally get all the haggling done and the price is set that's when they say let me see if I can get the money!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My favorite is when you finally get all the haggling done and the price is set that's when they say let me see if I can get the money!

My problem is the opposite this time. I'm offering to send him money, but he's ghosting me. Says he was going to get it packaged up and ready to ship. I said, "Give me a paypal addy or something." A week later, I msg again, "If you want me to send you money, I need to know how." two weeks later, still no response.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll PM you my pay pal account if your just wanting to send someone money. Sounds like he doesn't want to ship and doesn't have the guts to tell you. I would send another message every week.:)

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll PM you my pay pal account if your just wanting to send someone money. Sounds like he doesn't want to ship and doesn't have the guts to tell you. I would send another message every week.:)

it's not really that important to me. I already bought what I needed, but we'd agreed on a cheap price, so I was going to take advantage and have a spare... Otherwise, I'll keep my money, thank you very much. ;D

69_Sport

I think it's annoying when people want to start haggling before seeing the item.

That annoys me, too. I tell them that's not the way it works. You get to dicker with me on price when we're standing face to face and you have a roll of cash.

It does seem that younger people are afraid to bargain. Most just pay my asking price. Little do they know that my asking price always has a little wiggle room in it. I expect people to dicker. If they don't, it's just more cash in my pocket...

Casey835

Oh yeah! The exact reason why I have all those extra parts in the shop!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.