• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chopped, slammed, bagged, tubbed, lowered floors, 418 w/blower, 6r80, 1/2 cab, Bronco Hot Rod

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I don't think that these will work here, but just for reference I used Dorman 610-189 studs on the D60 project.

FWIW I carry this 3/4 - 13/16 combo socket and this extension in the Blanc-Oh for use on it and the various race cars that I chase. I spin them with a Milwaukee 1/2" cordless impact or a 24" breaker bar.

Last edited:

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I don't think that these will work here, but just for reference I used Dorman 610-189 studs on the D60 project.

FWIW I carry this 3/4 - 13/16 combo socket and this extension in the Blanc-Oh for use on it and the various race cars that I chase. I spin them with a Milwaukee 1/2" cordless impact or a 24" breaker bar.
I carry one of those sockets in my tool bag, was more referencing the shop or around the farm. Wish it could apply to equipment lol.

That is the direct stud for a full float rear or front hub if I remember correctly.

Interesting bit if wheel lug stud trivia. 5 lug ford and 8 lug GM Dana 44 or GM 10 bolt, use the same stud spline and shoulder length, one is 1/2” thread and the other is 9/16 thread but are interchangeable from one hub to another.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Wish that I could justify a second one of those sockets for the shop. It fits almost everything on the lot. I deliberately chose the bulge lug nuts to have a hex that fits in it. Had I known then I'd have likely just gone with 1/2" studs all around.

I recall going round and round trying to find a stud that fit my application and getting nowhere. So then I found an application that was the config that I wanted and the stud p/n almost fell out of the parts catalog.

Groan!! I should know better than to look at Snap-On's page.....

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Wish that I could justify a second one of those sockets for the shop. It fits almost everything on the lot. I deliberately chose the bulge lug nuts to have a hex that fits in it. Had I known then I'd have likely just gone with 1/2" studs all around.
Groan!! I should know better than to look at Snap-On's page.....
So you don’t want to hear I found mine laying in the ditch…..😬

I think you should order 2, on for you and one for me since I was a bad influence and said you should do it🤣🤣

That being said this looks attractive in comparison Eastwood . I’ve been really impressed with the Gearwrench extendable bar. I have a few of them in my work box, handy size and when you let employees use it and walk up and see it pulled into a u shape with a 10’ cheater on it, make them stop and it goes back straight and still extends and retracts like it is supposed to speaks volumes. And the cheater was bent.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
"

Groan!! I should know better than to look at Snap-On's page..... "

I see they make a field serviceable repair kit for this handy tool. I would think a replacement would come with it at the expense of $255 and because if 35" of handle doesn't apply enough torque to break it a 3' long pc of pipe slid over the handle will. That's what I use! Pipe is cheap! :) use it on my 3/4" drive set also. :)

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I have their 24" bar, left over from the dune buggy days where I stood on it to achieve the 275+ ft-lbs of torque required for the rear stub axle nuts. I weighed less then.......