• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Central Iowa Broncos

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Being in Iowa I don't get to see or meet too many bronco owners in past years. But that seems to be changing! Almost weekly I hear of new ones being discovered by myself or friends/family that shoot me texts or calls. Wife told me the other day of a beautiful uncut out in West Des Moines near the DMACC campus sporting a teal colored paint job! Of course no luck on a pic!

With that said, I am inviting any early broncos as well as all bronco owners out to an early morning gathering in front of Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea Jordan Creek (awesome eats and treats) on July 27th from 8-11:00 am. Located just across the street, west of the mall. Last time I hosted this event (later part of June), we managed to get four early broncos in addition to other vehicles! Finally met Mike Simpson from Ankeny and Landon from Norwalk.

Anything that is gear powered on it's own is welcomed! But please central Iowa bronco owners, let's get more rigs on site for a larger group picture! Thanks, Tim

Attachments

• gears and grounds jul 27.jpg
    gears and grounds jul 27.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4761.jpg
    IMG_4761.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4766.jpg
    IMG_4766.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 132

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Would love to Tim....but the commute would be a bit long! Good luck and miss ya buddy!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Came across my old 71 via FB that the owner is in DesM....

Wish that one hadn't gotten away lol

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would love to Tim....but the commute would be a bit long! Good luck and miss ya buddy!

That would be tough Randy! Someday I'm gonna get up your way for your event!! Maybe need to retire? Just have to create that schedule on my part.

But yes, thanks and will catch up! Tim

mustanggarage

Contributor
I would like to meet up. My truck is a long way from done but I would love to check some others out

77Bronco636

Tim, ill make it back out to visit again one of these days....and when I do ill drag a truck out to meet up for the car show....

mustanggarage

Contributor
so if I am able to get over there, since I can't bring the bronco yet, should I bring one of the mustangs, or the 90 jeep wrangler? is this like a show and shine for classics, or for 4wd vehicles?, or just leave them both home and drive my daily driver pickup.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so if I am able to get over there, since I can't bring the bronco yet, should I bring one of the mustangs, or the 90 jeep wrangler? is this like a show and shine for classics, or for 4wd vehicles?, or just leave them both home and drive my daily driver pickup.

Awesome, definitely bring a mustang or the jeep! It's for any thing that you would like to show off that is powered on its own and gear driven. We've had jeeps, mustangs, lifted modern day pickups, corvettes, etc.

But of course when you get the bronco back together, it will need to make her debut too!! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4765.jpg
    IMG_4765.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4759.jpg
    IMG_4759.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tim, ill make it back out to visit again one of these days....and when I do ill drag a truck out to meet up for the car show....

That would be awesome Paul! Someday I'll host an all bronco get together too. Gotta keep the passion going for sure!!

Mikesimp70

Hey Tim. Merry Christmas. What a weekend. Had to pull the Bronco out of storage for a spin. There is a lot of winter left but Spring is coming sooner than we think. Are you considering a DM Bronco get together of some kind? Love to get it on the calendar. If we get some notice out there, we might get some folks in from further out. I know Lon and Landon would be in too.

mjschneidy

Iowans ! I grew up just outside Iowa City before moving to Michigan to chase a career dream. Glad to see some broncos in the home land. That teal roadster looks like the one I saw at Woodward Dream Cruise?