• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Car and Driver article on the Maxlider 66 bronco

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like it a lot actually. But I just can't find the space for those wheels in the build. I know there are many levels of style, but sometimes the modern stuff does not mix as well with the older stuff as we'd like.
The wheels are in fact pretty nice. I just don't think they go with the build.
But the build is cool!

I am trying to imagine a slightly different shape to the rear kickers on the cage too, but they're not that bad when it comes down to it. Sure would love to see it with some 15, 16, or 17 inch wheels though.
I didn't read, but what size are those?

Thanks

Paul

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
would of looked bad ass with some wide steelies

Attachments

• enhance5J2QC568.jpg
    enhance5J2QC568.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 40

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Interior and paint- Good. Stretched for four doors and wheels/tires- Awful.

Yep, agreed.
4 doors makes it hard for me to even see it.

Paul, it states 20" wheels. I think 17" max too.

Excellent work they've done though for sure.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
It's for the custom build / show crowd and it's all about standing out. Wouldn't buy it but love what they've done, and hope they win!

Germd

Agree with Paul. Less wheel and more sidewall would be a more aggressive look.
Great workmanship in the build. Price is out of reach of most of us though, but show rigs are generally not aimed at the enthusiast.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dodge steelies would have looked cool BUT it is an advertising platform do they're advertising the wheels.

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
I agree with Dirtdonk as well. Nothing over 17" on a bronco IMHO. The door size is to much of a miss match for me as well. I do have to commend them on the build quality and craftsmanship. Well done!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm kind of surprised by some of the negative comments. Sure it might look better with 17's which I would also prefer. But, to paraphrase a saying, I would not kick it out of my garage! ;^)

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm kind of surprised by some of the negative comments. Sure it might look better with 17's which I would also prefer. But, to paraphrase a saying, I would not kick it out of my garage! ;^)

Where I come from the saying goes "I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers" ;)

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I get the whole big rim thing and it all boils down to personal preference. I personally like 16s and 17s, but in the end I feel it’s a beautiful bronco. I like the paint scheme as well as the stripes.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Wheels and tires are so easy to change it should not even come into question. That is totally personal preference of the builder and/or their client who bought it.

The color combo Erick and the crew choose is sweet, and the interior looks great. I got to stop by and visit in August before any of that was done. The work that I saw at that time looked great.

I also think the stripe sets it off and am glad Erik asked me to make this custom color matched and lengthened one for this unique build.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Wheels and tires are so easy to change it should not even come into question. That is totally personal preference of the builder and/or their client who bought it.

Totally agree. If it found its way in my garage it would probably be the 1st thing I changed... but to each his own.