• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Calling all Super Duty Axle folks!

rockyroadster

My goal has always been to run 42X14.50X17 MTR's. I want the full width for the stability. I want to go with the 2005+ Super Duty axles front and rear. Discovered this kit from Rough Stuff that uses the existing radius arm mounts on the front D60. Radius arms would have to be mounted outside the frame. What I have not found out is if the pumpkin lines up with the stock D20 output for the front. Have not found any thing that say it does not. Any and all input is welcome. Check out the link to the kit.

Thanks

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R2348.html

svobronco

Contributor
The yokes on don't line up on a stock Bronco, it's not a big deal to run a driveshaft at an angle.

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
Just for information that set up wont flex any better than a stock superduty, it is well worth the time to cut and trim the diff down and link it or even make your own arms an 3 link it

OP
OP
R

rockyroadster

Just for information that set up wont flex any better than a stock superduty, it is well worth the time to cut and trim the diff down and link it or even make your own arms an 3 link it

If the rear "rod ends" are like a Johnny Joints, and it looks like they are, I would think it would flex pretty well. I have the same set up on my XJ, Clayton Long Arm kit and it flexes like crazy. So much so the springs will fall out before I set limits and the bump stops are through the springs.

I know a three link, is the way to go, but my rig will be 90+% on the street. This is a huge time saver for me and I get the rubber isolation and the caster/pinion adjustment.

I'm converting a rockcrawler to a roadster, "rockyroadster" :)

Hope I don't get thrown out of here for posting this pict.

Attachments

• P2240002.jpg
    P2240002.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rockyroadster

Does look like the diff will be right under the frame rail. Doesn't seem to be a problem with lift and stops. With huge tires, they get into the fenders, even when they are cut high, before the diff hits.