• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C3 Tranny Input Shaft Roller Bearings- dropped!

Tonyduc

Even with the advice in the shop manual I still dropped those roller bearings when working on the t-case-I knew because the tranny shift was stuck. So I removed the transmission and there they were at the bottom, minus one. It seems like you can just remove the input shaft then replace them without major dissassembly of the tranny.

Question, I am missing one bearing and need to purchase a pack. Are these the same bearings that are in the transfer case used for the output shaft? Toms and WH sell those (from the pic they look the same, question is dimensions), but I can't find anyone on the web that sells 'input shaft roller bearing' specifically without buying an entire rebuild kit.
Thanks

Broncobowsher

Total hack
C3? That is a light duty automatic transmission used in Pintos behind a 4-cylinder.
Input shaft and bearings, are you talking about the stock 3-speed manual transmission?

Jfryjfry

If you’re missing one it’s either because it was missing from whomever assembled it previously, you dropped it outside of the tc or it is still inside. I’d make 110% sure it isn’t inside still.