• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bumper Build

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
After a good long time I finally got the bumper finished. I definitely made it way more complicated than it needed to be but it turned out great.

Attachments

• 910.jpg
    910.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 911.jpg
    911.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 912.jpg
    912.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Nice design it looks like it would take some time on design and welding .plus you have the best looking wheels on a early bronco just my opinion

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Can you get a closer pic of the locking mechanism, driver side? I'm always interested in seeing how people lock their gate down.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very cool...I was thinking about doing something similar with a fold-down, swing-away design, as getting my 37's on beadlocks up and/or down from a fixed height would kinda suck. I'm going to be borrowing some ideas from yours if you don't mind.

OP
OP
vertex

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
Here is a picture of the latch. There are a few company's that sell a kit. I had to modify the kit in order to make it work for my setup but it functions great.

Attachments

• 880.jpg
    880.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 125

JR.BONNER

Loc.
Springfield
Very nice build. I am interested in doing something like that eventually when build gets to that point. My question is what is your connection like where the actual tire carrier mounts to the bumper. I would like something that on a weekend trip I can put on and the rest of the time when near home the spare can be left in the shop for ease of access to the back. Could you post a closer pick of that joint. Thanks