• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brought home another

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Well, over the last 7+ years of being in the bronco world I've learned some valuable lessons. Most importantly that when you make plans to do a frame-off plan on it taking twice as long and costing twice as much, lol. The 74 I bought all those years ago is pretty much done after finally getting EFI on it. Still has a few more tweaks and things to do, but it's driveable none the less.

My wife and I had our first kiddo 11 months ago, so time to work on things has pretty much disappeared, though as he gets older that has eased up a little. Because of the lack of free time I decided to look for a rig that I can rebuild over the years and give to him when he's old enough to drive. Hopefully it won't take me 15 years and I'll get some wheel time in it though, lol.

Found it on CL last week and ran up to OK to get it last Wednesday from a very nice retired couple. The guy's dad had owned it for a few years, but he's not doing well these days so they decided to part with it. It's in pretty good shape with the normal floorpan/rocker/inner fender rust. Its a 69 U15, but came with a bench seat and bulkhead. My plan is to retain the bench seat and bulkhead do a full resto, and some drivetrain improvements. Nothing drastic like my 74, just something that'll make a good DD. Small lift if any, and leave it uncut. Look for a finished project in about 10 years, lol.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Good father and son bonding project. dunk that sucker in oil and clean it out in 10 years and start the project together.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My kinda Bronco. Nice lookin lil stick your holding there. Looking like he's already got the Bronco attitude ;)

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I wish I could wait and do the whole thing together, but I don't want to run the risk of him not wanting to work on it so I'm stuck doing by myself anyway. He's a great kid, we couldn't have gotten luckier with him. He's really into horses because of his momma, so I imagine he'll be doing the rodeo thing as he gets older.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I wish I could wait and do the whole thing together, but I don't want to run the risk of him not wanting to work on it so I'm stuck doing by myself anyway. He's a great kid, we couldn't have gotten luckier with him. He's really into horses because of his momma, so I imagine he'll be doing the rodeo thing as he gets older.

Bronco be a perfect rig to drive to the rodeo too :D

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Get him a mini horse and scale down the trailer and tow it behind the Bronco. Can always remove the seat and mount a saddle. I doubt a seat belt will be workable but it is a Bronco. You get the kid out there at 3 to 4 years old working on the Bronco with you and you'll steer him away from 4 legged obnoxious animals to 4 wheel ornery ones.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
that's cool congrats, can't wait to see what you do with project little dude:cool:

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Get him a mini horse and scale down the trailer and tow it behind the Bronco. Can always remove the seat and mount a saddle. I doubt a seat belt will be workable but it is a Bronco. You get the kid out there at 3 to 4 years old working on the Bronco with you and you'll steer him away from 4 legged obnoxious animals to 4 wheel ornery ones.

He already has a pony. Momma is a horse trainer, so there's no getting away from them %)... I hope he takes an interest in the Broncos though

that's cool congrats, can't wait to see what you do with project little dude:cool:

It'll be a fun project. Color is the hardest decision, but right now I'm planning on an engine refresh, 5spd tranny, A/C, wiring, and of course everything else will be gone over and replaced if need be. Keeping with my "no chrome" mantra I'm leaning toward that new Toyota Quicksand color with everything else on it being black. Considering orange as well.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have a 2016 Tacoma in Quicksand. Its a great color if your around dirt allot which is what you horse people see allot of. People either like it or hate it, doesnt seem to be any middle ground. Its a great color for me I hate washing my truck.

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Nice job getting it. I think i missed this one by about 1 day. Good luck on your project. wart

Thanks! I'd been scouring CL every few hours and messaged the PO about four hours after it was listed. Definitely got lucky. They don't last long at what he sold it to me for.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Nice find good luck. My wife is due in June baby girl! I think the bronco will be on hold for a while :( ...Maybe I will get it going by the time she is 16 lol

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Nice find good luck. My wife is due in June baby girl! I think the bronco will be on hold for a while :( ...Maybe I will get it going by the time she is 16 lol

not to hijack but I have a grandson that supposed to arrive in June;D