• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Cart/Jig

gbrew

Contributor
Hey guys I'm looking for the exact dimensions for the heights of the body mounts for a 72. I'm try to build a jig so I can build a body kit from WH while I wait on the rolling chassis to get here in September.
Thanks

OP
OP
G

gbrew

Contributor
Yep I double posted. Because I'm so highly advanced in technology, lol I posted the first time and couldn't find where it went. So I put a different title on it and tried again. The first post with the drawing of the wooden cart is the only thing I could find with height dimensions of the body mounts but I thought that cart was more for the body to rest on while working on the frame or other parts and the dimensions shown where possibly not dead nuts on. I'll have to have something pretty accurate to actually build a body without having the actual chassis which would be ideal. Sorry for the double post

Allfab

Loc.
Southern Californnia
looks like people have given you dimensions, I was just reaching out to let you know we sell assisting fixtures that help build the bodies on your frame, if your interested.

OP
OP
G

gbrew

Contributor
Ok after paying more attention to the link like you suggested I see where I can measure the distances from the vertical datum line in the bottom drawing to get the mount heights. If I'm looking at this correctly, I think all the four bed mounts are at the same height so if I called this 0" in reference to the vertical datum line, then "B" mount would be 5/8" below the vertical datum line and "F" mount would be 4" below the vertical datum line. Does that sound right? Thanks

ford truck

looks like people have given you dimensions, I was just reaching out to let you know we sell assisting fixtures that help build the bodies on your frame, if your interested.
do you have contact info so we can talk thanks tom

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
I think all the four bed mounts are at the same height so if I called this 0" in reference to the vertical datum line, then "B" mount would be 5/8" below the vertical datum line and "F" mount would be 4" below the vertical datum line. Does that sound right? Thanks

Yes, I get 5/8" down for "B" surface, and 4" down for "F" surface.

But that does NOT agree with the 1/2" and 4-1/2" dimensions of wooden cart in your post in other thread.
I would look for a second (& 3rd) verification before I used any of these dimensions to build a tub, though I would lean towards Steve83's dimensions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gbrew

Contributor
Thanks for your input. The wooden cart is something I found on this site but like you I don't have confidence in it for building a body. I've spoken to the company that's building the chassis and they said it was hard for them to send what I was asking for and they don't build bodies......Thanks for your help and maybe someone else can help with a little direction also.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yep I double posted. Because I'm so highly advanced in technology, lol I posted the first time and couldn't find where it went. So I put a different title on it and tried again. The first post with the drawing of the wooden cart is the only thing I could find with height dimensions of the body mounts but I thought that cart was more for the body to rest on while working on the frame or other parts and the dimensions shown where possibly not dead nuts on. I'll have to have something pretty accurate to actually build a body without having the actual chassis which would be ideal. Sorry for the double post

lmao, happens to the best of us