• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blue Broncos with black hoods

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
My Bronco is blue, but the hood has a couple of bubbles in it as well as some swirls from sanding. This is my fault, but I thought the hood was good enough to paint. Well, I want to do some body work on the hood, then paint it satin black. My wife doesn't think this is a very good idea. So, I'm asking you guys if you have a blue Bronco with a black hood, would you please post a picture of it. Hopefully when she sees them, she will change her mind. Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It might change depending upon which blue. Can you post a picture of yours so we know what you’re dealing with?

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
if the bubbles are on raised part of hood. Just paint that portion. I agree with her on the whole thing….

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Obviously, there’s a blue bronco in your avatar, but it would be nice to see a full picture.

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
When I see a satin black hood on a early Bronco, I think Stroppe. That is not necessarily bad, if it is tastefully done. I've thought of painting my Bronco blue and silver with the satin black hood in the paint scheme of a Stroppe.

OP
OP
BRONCITIS74

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
Here it is

Attachments

• 20230111_130719 (2).jpg
    20230111_130719 (2).jpg
    234 KB · Views: 61

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pic. But that’s what I’m talking about, where I don’t personally think the flat black would look as good with that blue as with others.
If you turn the black into a dark gray perhaps, but not sure.
It’s actually hard to go wrong with flat black, I’m just not sure I would like it with that shade of blue.

Good luck with this decision! :)🙄😉😁

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I know it is not blue, I do like painted but original owner did this to cut down on sun glare (dunes racing).

Attachments

• 20160910_191845.jpg
    20160910_191845.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20160824_181136.jpg
    20160824_181136.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 41

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
if the bubbles are on raised part of hood. Just paint that portion. I agree with her on the whole thing….
I 2nd this. Two tone it and leave some black and some blue all black looks like something happen to the hood and that was an easy fix or have not gotten to it yet! Ford fan has a nice one maybe he will post a pic of his hood on blur.

Kbpony

The raised center and scoop to match your flares might look alright. Mine is a similar shade of blue, and the center is black. I started with a flat black vinyl decal from kwarlers edge I think for the first hood. The second one was custom cut vinyl. More glossy, but blends better. Pm me your email or phone number and I’ll send a couple pics of both.

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Just an idea. You could wrap the hood in satin or gloss black for not a whole lot of $. Try it out, if she likes it then paint it when the wrap fails. It'd look killer with a carbon fiber wrap. ;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My Bronco is blue, but the hood has a couple of bubbles in it as well as some swirls from sanding. This is my fault, but I thought the hood was good enough to paint. Well, I want to do some body work on the hood, then paint it satin black. My wife doesn't think this is a very good idea. So, I'm asking you guys if you have a blue Bronco with a black hood, would you please post a picture of it. Hopefully when she sees them, she will change her mind. Thanks

Sure there's some out there and the great folks will share