• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best advice for a first time set of doors "tear down"?

Miker

Bronco Guru
Okay, gonna go out into the garage and try to cannabalize two donor doors for the inerds for my project. Anyone have the best advice as to how to rip into these these in a logical manner? I'm trying to salvage all of the mechanicals.
Thanks

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ask someone for help that they offered? %)

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
About the only thing in them that is worth keeping is the window crank mechinism and maybe the door latch... the window tracks and felt are esily replaced new and more then likely will need to be replaced.

The vent window frames are hard to come by so if they are good hang on to them.

You have to start by removing the window bump stop in the bottom... crank the window all the way down and you can disconnect the crank system by sliding it out of the channel.

The felt and channels all just pull out or unbolt...

Not very hard.

Greg

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
pb blaster the bolts if they seem stuck, stripping a thread in a door is a huge problem.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
ask someone for help that they offered? %)

Man, your the best!!! I really don't have room in my garage at the house and camp is out for now, So, might take 'em over to Pete's tomorrow evening
(3-8). You got anything going on? Come on over. I told Pete about 5:30-6:00pm.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
not tomorrow, told Pete friday...