• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos EFI Throttle plate issues

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
Not on / off ish at all

We are running LOKAR throttle cable and kickdown on HIHO Silver and Suzi loves it. Yes it does make the tight bend around the back of the manifold, but we haven't seen any trouble with that. It doesn't feel on / off ish at all. Actually you can really feather and control the throttle now compared to what is was. She has a BBK throttle body, but it is the same linkage as a Stang.

I designed my cable after installing the Lokar cable several years ago. What I didn't like about it was the tight bends to get the cable to snake around behind upper intake but mostly the diff. between the EB throttle and the Mustang throttle body makes the throttle more like a on/off switch. Did they fix that?

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had the BC one. I was able to "wedge" the nut on the inside and just adjust from the outside.

-Not really a big deal.

-Remember that Gen 1 has to yield to gen 2 stuff.

BI

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I have been running a Lokar cable for about 8 years and has always been an issue; especially on the rocks when super fine throttle control is a must. It is just too jumpy.

Going to give the BC cable a try.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I have been running a Lokar cable for about 8 years and has always been an issue; especially on the rocks when super fine throttle control is a must. It is just too jumpy.

Going to give the BC cable a try.

See post #14 above.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Thanks. I have been running a mustang tb with this issue but will be sure to utilize your mod as soon as i upgrade to the explorer tb. Awesome idea.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
Depending on what year Explorer throttle body you go to you may have to change the end on the throttle cable. The later throttle body has a channel that the cable rides in and the cable hooks in with a barrel end rather than the ball socket you currently have. Hollar at me if you need a new end for the throttle cable.

Thanks. I have been running a mustang tb with this issue but will be sure to utilize your mod as soon as i upgrade to the explorer tb. Awesome idea.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Chuck, any chance of getting that new bracket? I'm still waiting....
Sorry, I changed the drawings and forgot to give a packing slip to the packers. It will go out today. Thank you for bringing this to my attn.
We designed that hole to fit the flat side of the nut so the nut would not turn (it is a bitch to get a wrench on) but as the hole is made while the bracket is flat then the bracket is bent by a guy that has no idea of what the bracket is for being off a few thousands is not a big deal to him so I moved the hole over 0.040, that should give enough tolerance to be sure the nut will set flat. I can't move it too much because I don't want it to misalign.