• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AODE 2WD Vs 4R70W 4wd

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is a good combo. It is a 4R70W.

Since you are planning on a rebuild the only part that I would update is to put in the intermediate mechanical diode.

As for the adaptor, I am about to leave for work and don't have time to looks up which one that is. Can't answer right now.

If I've taken my notes correctly, I am hoping you are going to say the 50-2704E adapter. This is the one that requires going into the tranny internally and replacing the main output shaft, but also keeps the overall drivetrain length as short as possible.

https://www.advanceadapters.com/pro...ford-bronco-dana-20-transfer-caseadapter-kit/

I'm just starting to scratch the surface of this though, so I'm all ears to other ideas!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Yes, good kit. I like it as there are less mating surfaces as well. Fewer things bolted together. It is what I used 20 years ago when almost nothing was known about putting a 4R70W in a Bronco. Back than it was just an AOD kit and you used the pin and sleeve to plug the governor ports.