• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD Gurus I need your advice and opinions

suckerpunched

I took my first test drive today, I am running a 91 lincoln MK VII engine and trans. Back when the chassis went together, 6 or 8 years ago. I had the transmission freshened up by a reputable shop that has done many others for me over the years with great results. So, what I experienced on the first test drive, shifts late. So late that that if you are on the throttle hard, you have to lift the throttle because the engine might grenade before it shifts into second gear (more on 2nd gear later). I never tried to adjust the T.V. cable, when I pulled the engine from the lincoln it was unhooked from the throttle arm. The plastic bushing that holds it in was gone so it could have just rotted and fell out. I drove the car before I pulled it and did not notice anything weird about the was it shifted. For 2nd test drive I adjusted the cable as loose as it would go. didn't run it too hard, but it shifted early this time but seamed to hit all 4 gears. Third test drive, I adjusted cable via pressure guage in test port to 32 PSI at idle in neutral. Shift late, almost as bad as where I started. not only late but hangs in low sow long it seams to skip 2nd gear and go from 1st to 3rd. 4th test drive, I loosened the the cable about 1/8", maybe slightly better shift points but still skips 2nd gear.
Also, they did install some sort of mild shift improver kit, not sure what brand, but I could figure it out, I still have the box somewhere.
Sooo, how do I get it to shift right?