• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone regret installing a suspension lift?

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
I am planning a new suspension this winter and am having a difficult time deciding between a stock setup or a 2.5" lift. It is pretty much exclusively street driven. Any other street drivers regret putting in a lifted suspension, or is it all positive?

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I went from stock and 31's to 2.5" and 33's and love it.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Never! The 2.5" WH lift was perfect. I think that is what the EB should have looked like coming from the factory.

I had to add an adjustable track bar bracket, but that is pretty much it.

Put the 30x9.5 tires on it and I think it looks great.

After wheeling her for the first time, I'm kind of thinking a maybe one more inch of suspension lift and maybe 1" of body lift with 33's".

That pushing a little too far past where I am, but kinda got the itch to wheel her more!

No regrets though. Plus, the WH lift with the 11 pack rear springs rides really nice. My Jeep neighbor was shocked how well it rides.

OP
OP

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
That is the set-up I was looking at... The WH 2.5" with bilsteins, with a 1" body lift for a possible future 351 swap.

Last edited:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Only regrets I hear about are going too high. 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 is perfect. Above 3 1/2 you get into driveline angle and COG issues.

You will not regret 2 1/2. Cut or LUBR?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
2.5 to 3.5, Good to go..

Great Mod/Upgrade for your Rig.. Do It ;)

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Seems like you'll need another bronco because you will always love a stocker daily driver. And you will want a lifted cut one too.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Same here...2.5 to 3.5" and get one sweet ride too. I shy away from the 5.5" too, for reasons stated above and less stability.

The only lifts I regret were a 4" and 5" done Loooong agao, when the springs you got with those might as well have been solid blocks of iron.

OP
OP

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
Only regrets I hear about are going too high. 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 is perfect. Above 3 1/2 you get into driveline angle and COG issues.

You will not regret 2 1/2. Cut or LUBR?

It is an uncut/unrestored stocker. My thoughts right now are to leave the body alone and just make it as comfortable and reliable to drive as possible. By looking at the suspension packages the small lifts seem to be better quality than the stock pieces, but I wasn't sure if handling/driveability suffered with a small lift.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I don't regret it, but I did need damned near everything else that you 'might' need with a 3.5" and 2" combo.

Longer:
clutch rod
Steering column
brake soft lines
Ebrake cables
driveshaft, still need
fuel filler hose

degreed axle shims and ujoints as a result.
modified floor shifter
drop pitman arm
adjustable doohickey (Track bar)
more adjustable doohickeys (Sway bar links)

Didn't need MC to frame hard lines.