• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone out there heading east and going near SC Idaho soon?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I recently purchased another historic Ford and am having trouble getting it transported.

I got a broker who posted it on the national load board two weeks ago and no bites so far. There is another vehicle going from ID to PA that is paying even more and it has been waiting over a month for a truck. Seems SC Idaho is not along one of the preferred routes and these loads can take a long time to get picked up.

I am debating about driving out over labor day weekend, but it I could get it closer, that would be better to reduce the 4400 mile round trip!

It is located in Burley, ID. I am in PA and could run across Interstates 40, 70, 80, or 90 etc. depending where it could end up eastward.

It runs and drives, but needs trailered.

If anyone is deadheading going east or does not mind towing their trailer along the way, please let me know when and where you plan on going.

If I could get it to the mid-west, that would make the trip much more doable with the little vacation time I have left from all the other Bronco events this year!

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Drew, here is a number of a company that is in my town but has terminals all over the us. I have used them alot and have had great success. They haul alot of RV's out of our county and then bring stuff back for people. Quality Driveaway.
574-642-4150 Good Luck
frenchy

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks for the info. They did not have anything out that way right now, but they gave me another company to try, but they ended up being just another auto transport broker similar to what I have now.

I like the backhaul idea though and will keep them in mind.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i volunteer for a road trip! ah, you'd be crazy by the time we got back :-X

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
I just had my truck transported from Fallon, NV to Atlanta, GA. Had a great experience with Daniel (Boomerang Transport out of Rome, GA). He's an owner operator.

706-9three6-fivetwo36

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I just had my truck transported from Fallon, NV to Atlanta, GA. Had a great experience with Daniel (Boomerang Transport out of Rome, GA). He's an owner operator.

706-9three6-fivetwo36

Thanks,

I will give him a call. Most of these brokers are annoying as hell. They all act like they have dedicated trucks or some other special way to get your vehicle picked up faster/cheaper, but they all just post it up on the same national load board. I tried to find the number for the O/O who delivered our last Bronco we shipped in, but could not find it. Everyone else I seemed to find (other than high $ enclosed transporters) were brokers who made themselves look like O/O's.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I had a guy bring my half cab to georgia....nice guy
Going 4 Broke trucking
Monticello, GA
office 706-468-8021
Cell 770-826-6281

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
No luck with any of these leads so far.

Anyone traveling East though ID anytime soon or have any other leads or ideas?

We're now debating taking the week of Labor Day to drive out and get it and stop at Yellowstone. I'd have to get my single open trailer thrown together for the trip since it has been down for some axle upgrades and a new paint job. Will have to just rewire and throw on primed fenders and worry about the blasting and paint when I get back.

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
See if you can get it loaded up onto a Flat deck. Burley is close enough to the I-84 lane you should be able to get it moved out fairly quickly. The last couple moves i sent from Oregon to the east coast ran about $100 per foot on an LTL basis.

ChrisC74

Drew -

You should call or text Nate with Honest Engine Transport. 865-310-9194. He moved my 74 from CO to GA for a very fair price, good communication, handling, etc... Dedicated load.

He has quoted several other loads for me at good prices as well - esp if you are flexible when it gets moved.

He usually works with another driver and they do not stop except to refuel.

-ChrisC

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I picked up the 77 F-100 stepside Stroppe/RVI prepped companion for the Balloon Chaser Ambulance my dad bought from Jim Duff.

I figured it would make another good father and son project and that these two vehicles should be reunited and shown together.

Here are a few pics and a the cover of the July 77 issue of Hot Rod that has it on the cover.

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Balloon Chase.jpg
    Balloon Chase.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 44
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Balloon Chase F-100.jpg
    Balloon Chase F-100.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Hot Rod Cover.JPG
    Hot Rod Cover.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 18

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you KNOW Dave is hoping the van is coming next! ;D That's awesome!

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Here is the cover of the May 77 "Traveln' 4x4's Minis & Pickups" with the balloon and Ambulance pictured behind the F-100. Page one of the article shows concept art of the Bronco and pickup.

Attachments

• Travelin 4X4 May 77 1.jpg
    Travelin 4X4 May 77 1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Travelin 4X4 May 77 2.jpg
    Travelin 4X4 May 77 2.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Travelin 4X4 May 77 3.jpg
    Travelin 4X4 May 77 3.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 6
  • Travelin 4X4 May 77 4.jpg
    Travelin 4X4 May 77 4.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 6

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Here is the cover of the May 77 "Traveln' 4x4's Minis & Pickups" with the balloon and Ambulance pictured behind the F-100. Page one of the article shows concept art of the Bronco and pickup.

any chance of blowing those up? would love to read it but my eyes suck!