• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone know this guy?

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
You gotta admit man, you subject yourself to the ruthlessness of this group with that name. ;) It's all in good fun though so don't take it personally. Unless you think you are %)

Heus33

Bronco Guru
ok ok lets just stick to the topic in question here.%)

Seriously? How many more people need to tell you that this is a scam?

Go ahead and send the guy your money and see what happens. Might as well send him your SSN and credit card info too. %)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You gotta admit man, you subject yourself to the ruthlessness of this group with that name. ;) It's all in good fun though so don't take it personally. Unless you think you are %)

Must of us are not ruthless. Just a few ruthless characters whom I won't name like Johnny and Bax are on here that give the rest of us a bad name.;)

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
If you're buying ANYTHING long distance, try and leverage the resources available to you: the CB forum. There are members here from across the country and odds are someone is close by and willing to help out. A few years ago a member was inquiring about a Bronco located in Pueblo, CO. Plenty of people offered up services to personally view the truck, snap pics, and give an assessment of the purchase to the perspective buyer.

I had my eye on a 78 F250 crew cab 4x4 last year. A deal too good to pass up. The guy was in Idaho and I was in Iraq. Not exactly an ideal situation. Long story short, I passed on the purchase. Not because it was a suspected scam but because I didn't have a warm fuzzy that what I was about to buy sight unseen was what I suspected.

Had a fellow CB member been able to view/inspect the truck for me, the story would have likely ended differently.

And if a seller isn't willing to accomodate you by allowing a "buyer's agent" to lend you a hand, tell them to pound sand. There's always another deal around the corner.

mia73

Loc.
smithfield
what is it with gmail? (this guy has a gmail address)
there is a guy on GL posting his very clean red & white 70 for only 2600.
i can not see it since it is sitting in a storage container in montana, waiting to be shipped through the ebay protection plan, although the deal is not on ebay. Although he is in montana with the bronco he his advertising on the east coast. oh yea shipping it to va is included.

the best part his name is albert bostner and the only albert bostner i could find is a 93 year man in ca. that appears to have past.

after i asked for more info on where it is so i can have someone look at it he stop contacting me. i could be wrong but maybe not

thoughts?

craigs67

Loc.
Juneau Alaska
scam

Here is one I got a few days ago when I put my truck up for sale....

I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, Pls do withdraw the advert from CL to avoid disturbance,anyway I don't have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don't need to bother yourself with the shipment, I'll take care of that by engaging the services of a shipper, hence I'll be sending a Certified check and it will be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), so I'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

Full name on the check.
Full Physical address to post the check
City, State and Zip Code
Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my shipper to come over as soon as you have cashed the check*

N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks %)

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
i can not see it since it is sitting in a storage container in montana, waiting to be shipped through the ebay protection plan, although the deal is not on ebay. Although he is in montana with the bronco he his advertising on the east coast. oh yea shipping it to va is included.

the best part his name is albert bostner and the only albert bostner i could find is a 93 year man in ca. that appears to have past.

after i asked for more info on where it is so i can have someone look at it he stop contacting me. i could be wrong but maybe not

thoughts?

yes it's a scam it was listed here in OKC and all over the country

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Must of us are not ruthless. Just a few ruthless characters whom I won't name like Johnny and Bax are on here that give the rest of us a bad name.;)

Yeah why do they do that to us?:?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is one I got a few days ago when I put my truck up for sale....

I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, Pls do withdraw the advert from CL to avoid disturbance,anyway I don't have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don't need to bother yourself with the shipment, I'll take care of that by engaging the services of a shipper, hence I'll be sending a Certified check and it will be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), so I'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

Full name on the check.
Full Physical address to post the check
City, State and Zip Code
Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my shipper to come over as soon as you have cashed the check*

N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks %)

What?...that was me. So I guess you aren't serious about selling it then..:p

Baja71

Bronco Guru

thoughts?

Really? You need thoughts on this?? I'm getting the distinct impression that the reason there are soooo many scams like this, is that evidently, they are very, very lucrative. I may have to rethink my career and "move" to Nigeria. So many people tempted by the 'something for nothing' carrot. It is simply amazing. What further amazes me, is that the scammers need not even vary their MO. Cut and paste their same emails for years on end. Each sending the exact scam.

So...to get started...I have a 1977 Explorer EB with 18k original miles. Blue with white top, auto, A/C, perfect original showroom condition. $2000 cash USD, delivered anywhere in the US. Emails to: ULose@gmail.com

Send wire transfers to:

Larry Mobamama Zimbuto
17 Zimbabwe way
Victoria Falls, Africa