• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN Anyone know this Bronco. '77 chassis and body with a '68 vin and title??

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I was checking out Ebay listings this morning and noticed this Bronco. It's a good looking, solid rig, but it's clearly a '77 body and chassis, being sold as a '68, with a '68 vin taq. The gauge cluster is pre '75 no (Unleaded Fuel Only) markings.
Does anyone know this rig. I'm interested in it. I like the look. Not sure about the front flare, I need to see in person first. Here's the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco...tr=true&hash=item3aa8cdd80b&item=251940165643

mickphatmac

Just a guess...They added '77 gas doors when they did the work on the front fender flares? The gas doors don't look even, like one sits higher than the other? Those front flares look like the took a lot of work and maybe they were handy with a welder? IDK? Also the reflectors removed, filled in?

My buddy has a '66 but it has '77 gas doors.......just sayin.

Please don't ask me to explain the 3rd tank halfassed job on the pass. side!!!HA!

Joe473

How about the front cover dipstick tube with no dipstick...funky looking pcv valve.. and clearly Y style steering linkage

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Saw it at Rod Run last month. It's actually a pretty solid rig, but it's a little confused.

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Well it has 77 front and rear axle with inverted Y steering. Looks like a 77 chassis to me.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Well it has 77 front and rear axle with inverted Y steering. Looks like a 77 chassis to me.

Agreed on the above............I'm guessing someone put a 68' glove door on a 77'............and the VIN badge and frame numbers don't match.

Does CA look at the frame VIN when processing a title?

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
Agreed on the above............I'm guessing someone put a 68' glove door on a 77'............and the VIN badge and frame numbers don't match.

Does CA look at the frame VIN when processing a title?

Yes they DO, when it's coming from out of state. The chick at DMV (who was ~55 years old) got on her back under mine at DMV, which I knew ahead of time that she might do, and I showed her the frame VIN on my '74 that was located under the driver's seat area...

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I saw that one at the Rod Run also. Paint was so fresh a match might have set off the fumes. Like JGbronc said it was definitely confused. They were asking $23,500. Still had a hole in the rear passenger quarter panel for a CB antenna.