• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any forum mechanic members looking to make some $ working on a Bronco....

Kim

Loc.
Long Island
As regular readers of this forum know, I am having trouble locating a good and honest mechanic on LI to complete work on my Bronco. They are often unfamiliar with the truck and often don't know how to or are not inclined to complete work to the level I would like. Meaning they get 90% of the job done but never completely right.

Now that I am about to tackle some larger work, I would love to locate someone local and very familiar with working on these trucks to do the work.

Is there anybody out there looking for work?

The jobs I'd like to tackle include:

Major

1. Front Disc Brake Conversion (and items that make sense to do while in there)
2. Installing Tie Rod and Drag Link
3. Diagnosing left front vibration and making necessary repairs
4. Possible Tranny rebuild

Minor

1. Get the fuel gauges working -- probably a wiring issue as fuel tanks and sending units have been replaced

2. Get the heat working -- heater core, heater hose changed, probably something minor

Again, I am not looking for something for nothing and will pay fairly for this work...I just sooooooo want it done RIGHT!

Please PM if you are qualified and have any interest.

Thank you.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love to Kim, but as you can see, the commute would be a killer!:cool:
Good luck though. Lots of good mechanical-types hereabouts. Hopefully someone of them will have some time they'd be able to part with.

Paul

jbbronc

Hi Kim I've seen some of your threads on getting work done on your Bronco, sorry to hear you're having so many problems finding a good mechanic. I own Basal's Transmissions in Glastonbury CT about two hours from NYC we work on a lot of Broncos and I own a few myself. My shop can handle anything you need done on your Bronco at a very reasonable rate. I have worked on a lot of forum members broncos. If I can help you out or you just want to ask me some questions give me a call 860-633-9111 . I also have a fall cruise on Oct 10th that you're more than welcome to come if you'd like, we had about 30 Broncos last year with a great group of people, and some really cool trucks to check out!

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Kim I've seen some of your threads on getting work done on your Bronco, sorry to hear you're having so many problems finding a good mechanic. I own Basal's Transmissions in Glastonbury CT about two hours from NYC we work on a lot of Broncos and I own a few myself. My shop can handle anything you need done on your Bronco at a very reasonable rate. I have worked on a lot of forum members broncos. If I can help you out or you just want to ask me some questions give me a call 860-633-9111 . I also have a fall cruise on Oct 10th that you're more than welcome to come if you'd like, we had about 30 Broncos last year with a great group of people, and some really cool trucks to check out!

Kim,
Give him a call. He's a top notch, honest and down to earth guy who know's and own's these rigs inside and out.
Good luck

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
You may have to trailer your bronco out of NYC to get it done right. I would go with any of these guys recommendations in your area. You may have to be ok with being without it for a while, but hopefully it will be worth it.

bronco1017

Jim is a great guy and has worked on my 73 a few times and will be working on it again very soon. Solid guy, solid work.

OP
OP
K

Kim

Loc.
Long Island
Ginger is on her way to Jim's. Feel a whole lot better having her in good hands!

wvzu6d.jpg
[/IMG]

57baja

Contributor
Ginger is on her way to Jim's. Feel a whole lot better having her in good hands!

wvzu6d.jpg
[/IMG]

Your bronco sure is clean. I love the stock look, hope all goes well with repairs

bronco1017

Jim definitely is a Bronco love guy. He has mine right now. You won't be disappointed with his work Kim.

OP
OP
K

Kim

Loc.
Long Island
I was very comfortable handing him the keys!

Now I have to contain the excitement of getting her back with all her improvements!!!

Exciting!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. KIM SOUNDS LIKE you've found the place in your area. I wish we could find a place here that really knows OUR Broncos ... I'd like help with the fuel gauge.. & the AC INSTALL on my 4BT .. COMPRESSOR INSTALL .... I PRICED IT TODAY.. & It's still to EXPENSIVE just TODAY!!