• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amp Research power steps mod question

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Question for those who have done the Amp retractable steps. Did you find it useful to use an override switch and if so what did you use? I've heard of someone utilizing the aux/main tank selector switch for an override switch. If you've done this could you explain that process? Thanks as always guys!

Audifan

Contributor

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
What length did you guys cut your steps to? If you order the steps instead somewhere other than NEC what do you have to do to the kit to install? I have the brackets from NEC but purchased the step kit from Amazon.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Question for those who have done the Amp retractable steps. Did you find it useful to use an override switch and if so what did you use? I've heard of someone utilizing the aux/main tank selector switch for an override switch. If you've done this could you explain that process? Thanks as always guys!
When I have my dash redone, I had the radio opening, the ashtray and some holes welded. Unfortunately my aux/main switch was also welded. I was going to use a three way switch.
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281805